Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spykthomas

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2012
Personally, I would have more stylised/simple images of the birds, rather than actual photos.

Also, I would have the logo static once it has appeared. More professional looking intros are very simple. Transition in, then static for a second or two, then transition out.

The idea is excellent, just needs a more professional polish... in my opinion.

Satori

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2006
London
I would have the logo static once it has appeared.

I agree. However, if you do retain any motion on the logo, I suggest that you make it more fluid and in only one direction (e.g. the logo could swing in from the left).

As Spykthomas says - it's a nice idea. For me there is too much going on.

All the best with your movie production company!

salacious

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 15, 2011
Personally, I would have more stylised/simple images of the birds, rather than actual photos.

Also, I would have the logo static once it has appeared. More professional looking intros are very simple. Transition in, then static for a second or two, then transition out.

The idea is excellent, just needs a more professional polish... in my opinion.

problem is with the birds is that i took a photo of them, and im not a graphic designer so i just mess around til i get what i like, so i wouldnt have a clue how to reproduce them, i guess i could ask someone to do it but i dont have the money to, nor do i know anyone that could do it unfortunately.

so do you mean by static that its normal when it transitions in, then once full image is there, turn it static?

it does need polishing as i only spent 20 minutes on it yesterday, i guess each day brings a better refinement.

Thanks for you input very helpful

----------

I agree. However, if you do retain any motion on the logo, I suggest that you make it more fluid and in only one direction (e.g. the logo could swing in from the left).

As Spykthomas says - it's a nice idea. For me there is too much going on.

All the best with your movie production company!

thanks for your reply, someone else on another forum has also mentioned the swinging logo, so im changing that to be static apart from the lettering which i may reduce only a little after i preview the results.

thanks for you input much appreciated

spykthomas

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2012
Yea, I like the transition, but once the full image completes it doesn't need the extra ripple and sway/wobble... just let it sit there so people can see it clearer.

In regards to the birds, if your sticking with the photos, maybe have 1 and mirror it (so they are looking at each other) rather than 2 different birds. Again.. personal preference.

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
Firstly all the answers you got have a valid point. Listen to them all and your head will start to spin.
Nothing wrong with your logo, but.......Presentation is not powerful enough.
1. Listen to sound.
2. How long on screen.
3. How are you bringing it in?
4. Clarity and brightness.
These are some of my observation. Look at film companies logos. Specially Warners Brothers. No fancy gimmicks.:apple:

diamond3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
My focus first goes to the birds, not the name. I'd raise the text up so it's more centered (vertically). Maybe keep the intro transition on the text and have the birds dissolve in (instead of the formation transition) to further separate the two. Maybe for the outro transition, make the text appear as it's coming toward the viewer (enlarge) and fade out the birds quickly.

The other thing I'd worry about is what you want your intro to portray. It may be a bit narrow with the intended projects you may work on. I don't know what it is, but any part of designing a company logo is to have represent what you do. So I guess that is my last question, what are you doing or planning to do with your company?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.