Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teasingbread

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2012
Hello,
A friend of mine hacked my mac. :mad:
He says he can see through my webcam, he knows all my passwords (facebook, system passwords), he can see my safari history even though I always clear it.
He says he uses a program called sub7 (maybe it's a lie)
I install kaspersky to scan my system but it found nothing on it.

The first time he did his intrusion, we were both connected to the same network. But he can yet do it from anywhere.

How did he get it ?
How can I remove the kind of malware he set up ?
How can I prevent an other intrusion ?

Can someone help me, I am really scared. I feel like everything I do on my mac is spied ! :eek:

lloyddean

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, WA
Bring up "System Preferences" located in the "Apple" menu.

Under "Internet and Wireless" select "Sharing".

Uncheck EVERYTHING in the "Services" list.

Reboot your Mac.

If that doesn't work try unplugging the computer and walking away.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Hello,
A friend of mine hacked my mac. :mad:
He says he can see through my webcam, he knows all my passwords (facebook, system passwords), he can see my safari history even though I always clear it.
He says he uses a program called sub7 (maybe it's a lie)
I install kaspersky to scan my system but it found nothing on it.

The first time he did his intrusion, we were both connected to the same network. But he can yet do it from anywhere.

How did he get it ?
How can I remove the kind of malware he set up ?
How can I prevent an other intrusion ?

Can someone help me, I am really scared. I feel like everything I do on my mac is spied ! :eek:

1. He's not your friend.
2. Talk to your parents, and they will talk to his parents or to the police.
3. Alternatively, feel free to beat the **** out of him or destroy all his computers.

dan1eln1el5en

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
could it be that you friend guessed your icloud password ?
check your icloud.com for other macs in the "Find my iphone"
Not sure if you can see registered PCs somewhere.

(Because icloud syncing should sync passwords etc. from browser, let you go "back to my mac, though he would need a mac for that etc.)

teasingbread

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2012
Thank you for your replies.
lloyddean : Everything in system preferences is unchecked

throAU : I read something about sub7 client for Osx. I am not sure

gnasher729 : We are not kids any more. I am afraid of what he could do if I say or do something wrong. I have also personnal datas that I don't want him to know about

dan1eln1el5en : We didn't know each other before that. And I don't use Icloud. I was next to him and he asked me to connect on facebook. Then he told me my exact facebook password. I changed it but he knows the new one. Seems like keylogger program or something ?

Does anyone know a program that has : webcam hack, keylogger inside that can affect a mac ?

Switch46

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2012
sub7 for mac: The Macintosh Edition includes, but not limited to, the following commands:
Get PC Info, Get Home Info, Server Options, IP Notify, Keyboard, Chat, Matrix display, Clipboard Manager, FLip screen, print manager, browser, Desktop Webcam, Windows manager, mouse manager, CD-Rom Eject, Speakers, reboot, caps lock, and numlock.

http://www.securemac.com/sub7macintoshversion.php

lee1210

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2005
Dallas, TX
It's time to wipe the machine and reinstall the OS. It's also time to get something like keepassx and reset the password on every account you have to something unique. Start with the email account that would be used for resets. Then bank accounts, brokerage accounts, etc. Move on to file storage and secondary emails and sites that have saved credit cards for purchases. Eventually get to social media (start earlier if your reputation on these is more important to you than money). Do these resets from another computer. Start using copy/paste from keepassx rather than typing passwords.

Once your machine has been wiped, incrementally restore your media, other data, etc. If the malicious program is hidden in there, you want to know where. Do a little at a time and keep an eye out for reoccurrence of the breach.

This is a pain in the ass, and you feel violated. Don't use this excuse for cutting corners. Accounts you can afford to close, close. Alert friends, family, banks, and credit agencies. Tell the police, but don't expect too much. At least reset the pin on all credit/debit cards, but canceling and getting new ones would be best. Anything you do electronically (read: everything) is under someone else's control. Accept this and respond as if this person hates you and wants to ruin your life. Assume it is a stranger that cannot be reasoned with. Protect yourself and avail yourself of any help you have access to.

Alternately, move to a cabin off the grid in Montana and live off the land.

Good luck,
Lee

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.