Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jordancrombie92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
United Kingdom
Looks cool. Fingers crossed Jony Ive comes up with something like this for iOS7

ios-nofications-concept.jpg

*not my concept, found on Gizmodo*

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
What's the point on the right hand image? No keyboard, and if there was a keyboard, there wouldn't be any space anyway, might as well pop over to the actual messages app.

Blipp

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2011
What's the point on the right hand image? No keyboard, and if there was a keyboard, there wouldn't be any space anyway, might as well pop over to the actual messages app.

Yup. I'm not seeing much benefit of this over what we have today.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Yup. I'm not seeing much benefit of this over what we have today.

Supposedly the benefit is we don't have to leave the app we are currently in to reply to a iMessage/SMS. Really the same functionality could be granted by allowing response from Notification Center (much like how you can post to Facebook or Twitter without leaving the app you are currently in).

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
There needs to be a quick reply system. When im on safari and get a text, I HATE having to go back to the messages app then back to safari. I miss BiteSMS :(

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
Yeah sometimes a game stops running after you come back to it using SMS. Now that's frustrating.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.