Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lovemyphone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2012
Hey guys, I'm making an infographic titled "Who Will Kill the iPhone?"

I've attached the rough draft of it and was wondering what you guys thought of the main idea. Do you have any recommendations to make the content better? Editors I've sent it to aren't warming up to it and I was wondering why that might be.

2qa6994.jpg

Nov 28, 2010
located
Probably because of text and graphic alignment mishaps, like the title being too far right, probably because of that unnecessary iPhone graphic on the top left, or commas coming after a break*, a serif font and too small text to explain each company's direction and some other things I cannot put into words.

All in all it is hardly readable (I haven't completely read it yet) and it does not tempt one to do so.

* example:
this is not a bus stop
, but it sure does look like hell

snook911

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA
Hey guys, I'm making an infographic titled "Who Will Kill the iPhone?"

I've attached the rough draft of it and was wondering what you guys thought of the main idea. Do you have any recommendations to make the content better? Editors I've sent it to aren't warming up to it and I was wondering why that might be.

IMO what your describing is not the end of the iPhone its where cell phone design could be headed. I don't think think the iPhone will ever "die" It will evolve as the cellphone industry evolves. As new technology becomes available Apple will use it the same as other cell phone companies. Well hopefully not exactly the same and hopefully at least some of these new innovations will come from Apple.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
iPhone 5 pic is wrong. I don't really see where you are going with this topic. I have yet to see one thing on there really that is a legitimate threat to the iPhone. Who's to say that apple won't adapt their phone to some of these ideas later as well? And when did Jobs say he wanted to make the iPod obsolete with the iPhone? I guess missed that memo.

It just feels like you're not offering anything substantial to support your claim and it does look very plain. I don't know if you're going for overly simplistic, but that's what I like about infographics. They are well designed with colors and shapes and ways to separate informsation to help it flow better. This is just a buch of graphs and pictures slapped in long rectangular form.

Last edited:

iSensei

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2012
“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.” - Albert Einstein

serkan

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Menlo Park,California
Nice thread.Loved it :) Thanx for the info.

I dont care nobody says what but I will go with the iphone all the time even though there is a new tech I will put a spare iphone always next to me :)

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
The hand held mobile device will obviously die one day. They have computing power down to microscopic specs, once they figure out power consumption (battery) and adapt it to a new for us to use things. Lasers, glasses, holographic products - appear when we need them, disappear when we don't, etc. It's inevitable we won't be using this form of phone/multimedia devices forever.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Take another look at your pic... that's not an iPhone 5

That's what I noticed first. Lol

Obviously phones won't remain in the same form factor that we know them today. I actually hope these google glasses idea doesn't take off. I just picture it ending up like Wall-e with all the buy and large stuff. Gadgets should allow us to do things easier in our lives, not take it over completely.

drenline

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2010
If they keep coming out with new models with minimal iterations and adding only an "s" at the end....oh wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.