Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sunn8760

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2012
Canada
Hi All,

I’m confused with Apple’s mid-2012 MBA 11” price on the Refurb site. The Refurb site lists a mid 2012 MBA 11” for $1449 (Cad before tax), and a non refurb model with the same specs (see below) is listed for $1649 (Cad before tax). The part that confuses me is that the refurb price does not indicate any price reduction as with other products ... ie. Save $xxx, % off, yet the price is clearly different from the retail version of the same computer. Normally this is listed below the bold price to indicate the reduction. I’m concerned that I'm confusing specs, but I dont see any differences, so can anyone help me figure out whether I’m out to lunch?

The specs I compared were as follows:

Refurbished MacBook Air 2.0GHz dual-core Intel Core i7
Eligible for OS X Mountain Lion Up-to-Date Program
Originally released June 2012
11.6-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display, 1366-by-768 resolution
8GB memory
256GB flash storage
720p FaceTime HD camera
Intel HD Graphics 4000

Jeepman88

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2011
I just bought one with those specs... not sure why it doesn't show the xxxx% off, but I doubt it's listed wrong.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Websites are made by humans, humans forget things.

Don't worry. Apple is not a fly-by-night outfit. So if ur not happy at the end, give it back.

MacTyper

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2012
California
I got a new MBA (same specs) last July, and my sister got a refurbished last month, for some reason her battery life lasts about an hour and a half longer than mine.. wonder what happened there..:cool:

53x12

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2009
I got a new MBA (same specs) last July, and my sister got a refurbished last month, for some reason her battery life lasts about an hour and a half longer than mine.. wonder what happened there..:cool:

You probably use them differently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.