Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

do1984

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2012
I just hope that with that "graphics driver" part they meant fixing the damn lag on 15 rmbp.

RoelJuun

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
Netherlands
Please fix:

• Messages, messages is a mess
  • Slow shutdown times
  • Laggy mouse behavior when taking a screenshot
  • Bad drivers when running dual monitor setup
  • Invisible cursor when coming from a fullscreen application
  • Random re-indexing of Spotlight
  • Time Machine backup disks change name to random names
  • Slow animations when used for the first time in a while
  • Load times of Safari is sometimes long for no good reason
  • Make the stacks in the Dock better, when watching a downloading file you can't open it when having the stack open. Make it live.
  • Add a simple 'location' option in Calendar that let's you pick a contact from the Contacts app.
  • App Store is slow.

Thanks.

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010

Attachments

• gpu.png
    gpu.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 143
  • gpu2.png
    gpu2.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 2,976

plasticphyte

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2009
Hey Apple, how about fixing the full screen problem where if you have more than one monitor and you go full screen in an app, you can no longer use all the other screens because your $#!t ass OS thinks everybody uses one monitor.

To paraphrase a Futurama meme:
Your software is bad.

And you should feel bad!

kingtj

macrumors 68030
Oct 23, 2003
Brunswick, MD
re: sleep issues

How about "wake from sleep" issues?
I know several people (myself included) who have experienced a sluggish waking of the monitor display from sleep ever since upgrading from Snow Leopard to Lion and now Mountain Lion. Maybe it's just a side effect of some type of improvement with the video support, but it's really annoying.

I notice after I move my mouse to wake my display up, it takes several seconds before the orange light on the monitor changes to green and the screen actually comes back on.

That doesn't sound promising at all - no reference to mdworker/sandboxing/spotlight/sleep issues.

bumblebritches5

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2012
Michigang
I'd love for Apple to fix fullscreen when using multiple displays, the way I have it now, I'll fullscreen VLC and watch a movie on my TV and I would browse the internet with my built in screen, but Apple puts up this ugly linen over my entire screen. that's obviously a "feature" of the "world's most advanced OS" *Rollseyes*

Now, as a first time Mac user, I have to ask, is this software quality a new thing with Apple, or has their **** been like this for a long time?

ihuman:D

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2012
Ireland
I'd love for Apple to fix fullscreen when using multiple displays, the way I have it now, I'll fullscreen VLC and watch a movie on my TV and I would browse the internet with my built in screen, but Apple puts up this ugly linen over my entire screen. that's obviously a "feature" of the "world's most advanced OS" *Rollseyes*

Now, as a first time Mac user, I have to ask, is this software quality a new thing with Apple, or has their **** been like this for a long time?

New IMO (Well since Lion anyway, I think their releasing OSes to fast to fix the bugs :rolleyes: ) .

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2007
That doesn't sound promising at all - no reference to mdworker/sandboxing/spotlight/sleep issues.

Wouldn't be too worried. Often there are a lot of updates to areas that don't get mentioned. For example Mail.app was updated between 10.8.1 to 10.8.1 etc.

Well they seem to have updated drivers somewhat

If going by the version numbering that seems like a quite big jump to me. Great! :) Wil be good for the new iMacs and the rest of us.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010

Vlc allows you to not use OS X native fullscreen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.