Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Apple iPhone = Vertical Integration.

Google Nexus 4 = Horizontal integration no matter how "closely LG works with Google".

Pretty sums up why Nexus 4 launch was horribly confusing. Makes no sense how some people who ordered at 1130-1150am eastern time get back ordered emails and those who ordered 2-5 hours later get their orders shipped.

Google/LG need to man up. Just issue a public statement "hey we apologize to our customers for the orders that were not processed in a timely and orderly manner".

"Due to high demand, we are working to fill the orders in a timely manner".

That's all they have to say. An explanation is all we want. Don't sugar coat it.

dalbir4444

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2012
Apple iPhone = Vertical Integration.

Google Nexus 4 = Horizontal integration no matter how "closely LG works with Google".

Pretty sums up why Nexus 4 launch was horribly confusing. Makes no sense how some people who ordered at 1130-1150am eastern time get back ordered emails and those who ordered 2-5 hours later get their orders shipped.

Google/LG need to man up. Just issue a public statement "hey we apologize to our customers for the orders that were not processed in a timely and orderly manner".

"Due to high demand, we are working to fill the orders in a timely manner".

That's all they have to say. An explanation is all we want. Don't sugar coat it.

I'm surprised that even the N10 is sold out, given that Samsung is the one that manufactures it.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
OMG ! OMG ! OMG !

BRACE YOURSELVES !!!! The ****ing backorders start to ship these week !!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ahaze4ub.jpg

The Face

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2012
I'm surprised that even the N10 is sold out, given that Samsung is the one that manufactures it.
This is why I think it has more to do with Google than LG and Samsung with the Nexus 4 and Nexus 10. Samsung has the ability to restock in days, they always do with it's products, yet the Nexus 10 still hasn't come back in stock.

It wouldn't surprise me if Google are telling them to not manufacture more so fast to create hype or something.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
This is why I think it has more to do with Google than LG and Samsung with the Nexus 4 and Nexus 10. Samsung has the ability to restock in days, they always do with it's products, yet the Nexus 10 still hasn't come back in stock.

It wouldn't surprise me if Google are telling them to not manufacture more so fast to create hype or something.

Possibly. But this strategy makes little sense. No one would intentionally deny customers. I think they'd prefer to generate hype through word of mouth than hype through annoying potential customers.

I never bought theories of Apple doing the same thing with their launches either. From a business perspective, it just doesn't make much sense.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
Possibly. But this strategy makes little sense. No one would intentionally deny customers. I think they'd prefer to generate hype through word of mouth than hype through annoying potential customers.

I never bought theories of Apple doing the same thing with their launches either. From a business perspective, it just doesn't make much sense.

Exactly ! Specially around these times.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
Maybe you guys can preach the same in other forums so less people try to get one and in the end have more chaces to order a nexus 4 and not end in backorder or worse ! :eek:

:D lets hope google comes prepare in second round.

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
:D lets hope google comes prepare in second round.

The chances of that happening are not very high.

----------

Someone on XDA in Limbo 3 got a tracking number a little while ago. I'm thinking tomorrow, if there is any stock, we will see it on the Play Store. Then TMo gets the next shipment, then Google. So if we miss this next one we have an up to 2 month wait.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
And we are back to the same nonsense.

But yet a new message from google play...

Are they trying to see how many idiots will still keep trying???

Michael
(Fellow idiot.)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-27 at 2.38.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-27 at 2.38.32 PM.png
    217.5 KB · Views: 102
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.