Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reputationZed

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Pre ordered a LTE Mini and Smart Cover on day one. Apple shipped the Smart Cover a few days latter, so it sat around for a while until the mini was delivered last week. I'm within the 15 days on my mini and considering returning it. Any idea if Apple will allow me to return the Smart Cover as well. Both were ordered at the same time but the sc is over the 15 day period.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
Pre ordered a LTE Mini and Smart Cover on day one. Apple shipped the Smart Cover a few days latter, so it sat around for a while until the mini was delivered last week. I'm within the 15 days on my mini and considering returning it. Any idea if Apple will allow me to return the Smart Cover as well. Both were ordered at the same time but the sc is over the 15 day period.

accessories are 30 day.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
and everything expect for phones gets until the end of january since it is considered holiday gifts. I think the start date is November 4th or around that time.

edit: this is copied from their site

"Items purchased at the Apple Online Store that are received between October 27, 2012 and December 25, 2012, may be returned through January 7, 2013. Please note that all other terms and conditions provided in the Apple Online Store are still applicable. This holiday return policy does not apply to iPhone or wireless service contracts. All purchases made after December 25, 2012 are subject to the standard Apple Online Store return policy , which requires returns to be made within 14 calendar days of the date of receipt. For more information, refer to the Apple Online Store."

reputationZed

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Why return it?

Originally I had planed on replacing my iPad 2 with the LTE mini, got impatient a few weeks ago and went out and picked up a WiFi iPad 4. Had both for about a week now, and while they each have some great things going for them I'm. Not sure I can justify keeping both. For my usage the retina / A6x of the 4 gets a slight nod over the form factor of the mini. I may yet convince myself to keep both.

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
Originally I had planed on replacing my iPad 2 with the LTE mini, got impatient a few weeks ago and went out and picked up a WiFi iPad 4. Had both for about a week now, and while they each have some great things going for them I'm. Not sure I can justify keeping both. For my usage the retina / A6x of the 4 gets a slight nod over the form factor of the mini. I may yet convince myself to keep both.

Oh I see.

I'm thinking of getting the iPad 4 as a stationary home gadget and having my iPad mini as a take-with-me gadget.

Chocolatemilty

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I was wondering this as well, as I'm considering returning my Smart Cover since its been underwhelming, and I could probably get that cash back and get a better case on amazon. Luckily, I can keep my mini!

I can wait until I'm done with graduate with a career that pays enough to fuel my gadget love! Hope you're enjoying your iPads, OP!

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Oh I see.

I'm thinking of getting the iPad 4 as a stationary home gadget and having my iPad mini as a take-with-me gadget.

this is what I do. I actually use the full sized ipad as a "desktop" and the mini as a "laptop"

reputationZed

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oh I see.

I was thinking along similar lines but have started to question how much I really need a take with me gadget other than the iPhone. One positive for having two iPads is that I can charge one while using the other.

----------

so you already sold your Ipad 2?

Yes, sold my 64GB white WiFi iPad 2 for $350 on CL. It sold about 20 minutes after I put it up, so I'm wondering if I should have asked for more.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I was thinking along similar lines but have started to question how much I really need a take with me gadget other than the iPhone. One positive for having two iPads is that I can charge one while using the other.

----------

Yes, sold my 64GB white WiFi iPad 2 for $350 on CL. It sold about 20 minutes after I put it up, so I'm wondering if I should have asked for more.

looking at my area on craigslist they are starting at $350 and some people are crazy and think they will get $600. I'm sure at $400 you you have sold it just as fast, but $350 was a good choice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.