Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Belgium-iPhone.Lesoir.be claims that Apple will be delivering the new 21.5" iMac to Apple Premium Resellers in Belgium starting on Wednesday. Meanwhile, the 27" iMac model is still believed to be scheduled for December.

newimac.jpg
The site also believes that the new iMac would be available for online orders at approximately the same time.

Separately, we received an unconfirmed tip saying that the new iMacs would be ready to order tomorrow, Tuesday, November 27th. We're not sure if the time difference (6 hours behind U.S. Eastern) explains the conflicting time frames or if one (or both) are simply wrong. Neither sources has a track record, but both guesses are certainly realistic. Apple originally claimed that the 21.5" iMac would begin shipping in November.

Update: Purported email sent to resellers from a distributor:

email-500x184.png

Article Link: New iMacs to Go On Sale as Early as Tuesday?

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
And if you don't buy it within 12 hours, you have to wait another 2-3 weeks for shipping! ;)

diazj3

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2008
Any idea of when will the new Thunderbolt Display come out? I guess it will follow the same design...

smoketetsu

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2008
Any idea of when will the new Thunderbolt Display come out? I guess it will follow the same design...

The same design but with no chin and less of a bump in the back because it doesn't need to house hardware would look great.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
Rev A - Waiting for Haswell 2013

Although I know that its gonna be another year. But, considering this is using a new manufacturering technology, there are probably some kinks to be worked out in this first gen.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA

If apple is having problems with the 27" (hence the delay) I'm guessing the Tbd won't see an update intil the 27" supply is under control

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.