Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

simonk83

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2012
"Good enough" is subjective, and I imagine 97.8% of the world doesn't have your issue or concern

I'll adjust that made up statistic in my favour :) I imagine there are plenty of people out there that prefer control over their own music (I'll keep it where I like thanks, and no I don't want you to organise my music folder for me :D).

Regardless, it doesn't matter. They clearly don't think it's important so it's probably just time for me to move to something that does a better job (for me).

EDIT: Looks like MediaMonkey is the go. Bye :)

Last edited:

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
"Good enough" is subjective, and I imagine 97.8% of the world doesn't have your issue or concern (made up statistic based on wild speculation). I buy all my content from iTunes so I don't want the system resources constantly scanning 4,088 pre-existing folders in my iTunes Media folder for new content, as it would be a waste.

why should it scan folders? why are you too lazy to click file/import to add songs yourself?

----------

k guys, with the itunes gift cards coming out and tomorrow the imacs come out...timing *seems* right

blinkin182

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
Switzerland
Exactly. Sheesh guys, relax. It's just iTunes... who cares. It'll be just as annoying and feature free as the current version I assume :)

I also want it to come out in the hope that it's actually brought up to date (in this day and age how the hell does it not monitor your music drive and auto update when new files are added?), but I doubt it'll be anything too exciting.

Chill, it'll arrive when it arrives.

It's kinda funny when people get all upset because it doesn't come out when it's expected.

I am excited about the new iTunes, but I also figure I should temper my excitement because there probably won't be that many "magical" new features that will make me feel like Apple "re-invented" the media player/manager...

However, I'd been nicely surprised if I end up using the new features!

iOS Remote app needs an update too
One thing that would absolutely need to come with the new iTunes is an updated Remote app for iOS to make use of the new "What's up next" feature. It should be easier to manage the playlist from your iOS device.

Last edited:

towg

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2012
Cardiff
Its funny because if it had been released on time it wouldnt have generated even half as much interest as it has now :D

Noone would have given a sh@t...

GrandPhrase

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
It's kinda funny when people get all upset because it doesn't come out when it's expected.

I am excited about the new iTunes, but I also figure I should temper my excitement because there probably won't be that many "magical" new features that will make me feel like Apple "re-invented" the media player/manager!

However, I'd been nicely surprised if I end up using the new features!

iOS Remote app needs an update too
One thing that would absolutely need to come with the new iTunes is an updated Remote app for iOS to make use of the new "What's up next" feature. It should be easier to manage the playlist from your iOS device!

On that Remote app.. Also think they should update the media controls to match the look of the iPhone's (silver volume bar, etc.)

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
If iTunes 11 launched last month...

...people would be bitching about the bugs that Apple hadn't worked out yet. I keep reading all of these comments about how it's ridiculous and pathetic of Apple to delay it like they have. Really though, people will complain either way. I too am stoked about the release but I think people need to realize that Apple isn't holding back for their own pleasure, they have their reasons.

colshine

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2011
UK
...people would be bitching about the bugs that Apple hadn't worked out yet. I keep reading all of these comments about how it's ridiculous and pathetic of Apple to delay it like they have. Really though, people will complain either way. I too am stoked about the release but I think people need to realize that Apple isn't holding back for their own pleasure, they have their reasons.

Whenever it comes out people will find something to moan about. :D

KeithJenner

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2010
I imagine there are plenty of people out there that prefer control over their own music (I'll keep it where I like thanks, and no I don't want you to organise my music folder for me :D).

I'd agree that there are plenty of people who want control over where their music is stored. I'm one of them.

That's why I told iTunes that I don't want it to organise my folders for me. As a result, I have control over where my music is stored.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
I'd agree that there are plenty of people who want control over where their music is stored. I'm one of them.

That's why I told iTunes that I don't want it to organise my folders for me. As a result, I have control over where my music is stored.

I couldn't imagine my digital media library life without iTunes organizing my folders for me! I don't care where it's stored as long as it's organized. I absolutely love this feature. :apple:

KeithJenner

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2010
I couldn't imagine my digital media library life without iTunes organizing my folders for me! I don't care where it's stored as long as it's organized. I absolutely love this feature. :apple:

Yes, I agree in theory, as long as you can fit it all onto one HDD.

If not then you need to control it yourself.

EDIT: Actually, I think the way that iTunes does it is very good. I tell iTunes not to organise my library, but if I do put anything into the "Automatically add it iTunes" directory then it will organise them into the main iTunes folder. That way, I have the choice as to whether I want iTunes to interfere with the files or not. Very handy.

Vandefilm

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2012

I also told iTunes. Hell, I even screamed at the screen, but it wouldn't listen :D.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
probably

even worse for me then iTunes 11 is if they do it with the iMac, I need a new desktop and they simply haven't had any desktop for sale for the last 1 month.

Tim Cook era

Apple store has no iMacs? Amazon? Online apple refurb section? Macmall? NOWHERE has iMacs? Or are you just waiting for the new one? If you need a desktop then go buy one, don't blame your desire to have the newest model on Tim Cook. You'll get the iMac when they release it, which at the moment appears to be on time.

Gubbz

macrumors member
May 2, 2010
Perth, Australia
I like the way iTunes organises and leave it to do it's thing... Currently, I've got a 2Tb external HD that stores all my media, then I use the internal 1TB for everything else (games/apps/etc)... I'm looking at moving to Australia soon, so I'll probably up my media HD to 3TB, give myself a little more breathing space :)

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
so apple just announced the new iMacs are coming this friday.. where is the announcement that iTunes11 has been delayed to december?! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

unigolyn

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2006
so apple just announced the new iMacs are coming this friday.. where is the announcement that iTunes11 has been delayed to december?! :rolleyes:

Coming November 30th.

I'm about 95% sure they'll delay it again.

This is why you don't announce unfinished crap, Apple. Because unlike other developers, you don't actually want to release unfinished crap.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
Coming November 30th.

I'm about 95% sure they'll delay it again.

This is why you don't announce unfinished crap, Apple. Because unlike other developers, you don't actually want to release unfinished crap.

and they are keeping quiet about it too like what happened in october :rolleyes: it has to be delayed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.