Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zh2

macrumors member
Original poster
May 21, 2011
In a house in England.
Hi,

I am lost here!...

I have been given a Nikon EDG 85D field scope. It came with an FSA-L2 adaptor.

Is there such a thing as...

a) An eyepiece to attach to the L2 so I can use the extra magnification?
{ Nikon EDG - FSA - Eyepiece - Eye! }

b) An adaptor to attach to the L2 so I can use a Canon EOS camera?

Many thanks in advance for any help offered.

Regards.

Z.

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2010
a) the eyepiece would be a DSLR :p

b) a typical Nikon F mount to Canon EF mount adaptor should do you good.

Zh2

macrumors member
Original poster
May 21, 2011
In a house in England.
Hi,

Many thanks for the input. I managed to find an adaptor that work Nikon to Canon.

I am still wondering why there appears to be no other eyepiece that attaches to the FSA-L2? Removing this adaptor seems to also remove much of the magnification from the whole system - Or am I getting that wrong?

Thanks again for your time.

Regards.

Z.

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2010
Hi,

Many thanks for the input. I managed to find an adaptor that work Nikon to Canon.

I am still wondering why there appears to be no other eyepiece that attaches to the FSA-L2? Removing this adaptor seems to also remove much of the magnification from the whole system - Or am I getting that wrong?

Thanks again for your time.

Regards.

Z.

The adaptor mainly serves to allow you to attach the fieldscope to a DSLR body; the magnification factor which follows the adaptor is just a collateral benefit of such use. The optical design does not allow for an eyepiece to be attached directly to the FSA-L2. Unfortunate, but that's how it is.

You can try to look for a Nikon F mount eyepiece adaptor, but to my knowledge no such thing exists.

Zh2

macrumors member
Original poster
May 21, 2011
In a house in England.
Hi,

Thanks once more for the input. Having done some research and spoken to some others, I know now that it is not possible to do what I wanted to do.

This now leaves the option of selling the FSA-L2 adaptor. Anyone want one?

Regards and thanks again.

Z.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.