Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trojans

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2012
Should the Apple online store be down by now if they are releasing it within a few hours? Just my thought.

Scrapula

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Should the Apple online store be down by now if they are releasing it within a few hours? Just my thought.

I'm in the Pacific Northwest and its not midnight, yet. It doesn't take long to put up a new page. It will have already been created. They will just have to do a copy. It should only take a minute.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
I'm in the Pacific Northwest and its not midnight, yet. It doesn't take long to put up a new page. It will have already been created. They will just have to do a copy. It should only take a minute.

This must be your first Mac launch. The store can be down for several hours just to update.

The store also usually goes down after 12am PST.

NJelect

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012
I imagine it will be released shortly.

Hopefully, the larger iMac will be released in another week, I don't want to wait until the end of December.
Truthfully, it would make sense to release the above iMac within a week to allow ample time for shipping etc...

I still feel a little uneasy concerning the cooling needed for the computer in such a tight package.
Furthermore, I realize the typical laptop doesn't appear to be a problem but people tend to leave a desktop on a lot longer. :confused:

jfriedman8

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2008
I've learned my lesson about purchasing new casing iMac's from the original 27". I can wait this time around.

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
I dont get the hype, IMO the new design is an absolute failure. Still dont get why people are selling off their 1 year old imacs just because they want a thinner looking model.

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
I dont get the hype, IMO the new design is an absolute failure. Still dont get why people are selling off their 1 year old imacs just because they want a thinner looking model.

You said it yourself it's just your opinion bro, some other people like other things even if it doesn't make sense to you but to others it may make lots of sense.

antithema

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2010
I was at your position, waiting for the new imac a few months ago. No news no details nothing.
Thank god after the event Apple made it easier for me with the new design, the no optical drive option + the non upgratable low end model so I got the quad mac mini for a month now and I am happy for it.
The only good with new imac is the design and thats all.
And all that waiting for all of you still waiting still sucks. No news and no specific release date by the company...

mihai.ile

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2012
The only good with new imac is the design and thats all.

I agree with you, of course apart from those "small" things:
- Better CPU than mini (desktop CPU's)
- Better RAM upgrade possibility (27")
- Better screen (glare/etc.)
- Better graphic card

MissVader92

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2012
I didn't even know about the new imac till this month... And even tho I checked the forums regularly these last few weeks I didn't once stay up waiting on a supposed release day...Till now... I hope I don't regret this tomorrow when I'm at work dead tired and still no imac

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012

Fushion Drive, better graphic card, better screen... It's thinner is the only thing you can see in the new iMac? New iMac is the future, old models past away

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.