Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Less than a week after shipping estimates for new iPhone 5 orders through Apple's online stores dropped to two weeks, availability continues to improve with the company's stores for the Asia-Pacific region now quoting one-week estimates. Apple's online store distribution channels for other regions continue to show two-week estimates, but those should similarly drop to one week shortly.

iphone_5_1_week_au.jpg
Continued improvement of shipping estimates comes as the holiday shopping season kicks off and Apple works toward its goal of making the device available in at least 100 countries by the end of the year.

Article Link: iPhone 5 Shipping Estimates Begin to Drop to One Week

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
all models are available and in stock here in Germany. i ordered my white one on friday and it'll be here tmrw :D

co22

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2011
Washington DC area
Really?

Less than a week after shipping estimates for new iPhone 5 orders through Apple's online stores dropped to two weeks, availability continues to improve with the company's stores for the Asia-Pacific region now quoting one-week estimates. Apple's online store distribution channels for other regions continue to show two-week estimates, but those should similarly drop to one week shortly.

Continued improvement of shipping estimates comes as the holiday shopping season kicks off and Apple works toward its goal of making the device available in at least 100 countries by the end of the year.

I don't believe a word of it. How are they going to ship new orders in one week when my order from over three weeks ago isn't due to ship for another week? It just doesn't add up. I wouldn't be surprised if they're fudging the shipment dates so they don't lose out on holiday sales.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
This is good news, not only for purchasers of the IP5, but for Apple's production runs in general. I'm still convinced that issues with the IP5's assembly pushed back the production line scheduling, resulting in the delay we are seeing with the new iMacs.

Hopefully things are catching up now, and I still hold out hope that my buddy will get his new 21" Imac before Christmas.

powaking

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
Placed an order on 11/11 and it stated 2-3 weeks. Its still processing, hasn't budged since I ordered. Currently in week 2 now so they have about a week to get it shipped and delivered to meet the 3 week deadline.

soni2926

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2008
same here, ordered mine in the beginning of nov, they catch up just when its a week away from the delivery date..oh well next time i'll try att, they seemed to be getting them out faster.
Great..... This AFTER I wait a month for my iPhone 5 to arrive. :rolleyes::mad::mad::mad::mad::rolleyes:

iMikeT

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2006
California
same here, ordered mine in the beginning of nov, they catch up just when its a week away from the delivery date..oh well next time i'll try att, they seemed to be getting them out faster.

I ordered mine on October 19, it shipped on November 13, and arrived on November 19. I was busy all week and was only able to activate it this Saturday the 24, the additional week that I waited really sucked because I had it wasn't able to use it due to things I needed to do to my iMac (software updates and such). Anyway, I have the AT&T version of the iPhone 5. Though, I did order directly from Apple because I wanted it to come directly from the factory made my little Chinese hands. ;):D:p

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
I don't believe a word of it. How are they going to ship new orders in one week when my order from over three weeks ago isn't due to ship for another week? It just doesn't add up. I wouldn't be surprised if they're fudging the shipment dates so they don't lose out on holiday sales.

When I got the now-outdated iPad 3, I got quoted a 4 week ship date, ended up getting it a day later at the store (and cancelling my iPad 3 order online). I wonder how their supply chain works.

ToomeyND

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2011
Very frustrating, as I ordered mine about 1 month ago. It will arrive later this week...

Happy for those getting it sooner. I just don't get why my order never moved up, as shipping estimates dropped. It's almost as if all iPhone orders from the last 5 weeks will ship this/next week.

ProVideo

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2011
I ordered mine on Friday and it looks like people who order today will be getting their iPhones before me. Maybe I should just cancel and reorder.

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI
Just checked my order from earlier today - originally it said "ships in 2-3 weeks with delivery on December 19th", and now it says "ships in 3-5 business days with delivery December 7th-11th!"

Otterblue

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
Canada
My iPhone order now says delivers by Dec 11 from Dec 17. Looks like a lot of black friday iPhone orders are going to arrive on that day :) iPad Mini still says Dec 17.

The Bogeyman

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2012
Under your stairs
Placed an order on 11/11 and it stated 2-3 weeks. Its still processing, hasn't budged since I ordered. Currently in week 2 now so they have about a week to get it shipped and delivered to meet the 3 week deadline.

Same here too. Same date. I'm getting quite mad about it. Tempted to cancel and re-order to see if it speeds up. Oh and the order status page on the website has gone down. Not that the cynic in me sees any connection or anything.... :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.