Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
things are stereotypes for a reason....they hold some truth to them. If they did not, they would not be stereotypes. Really though who cares? If you like white, get white.

Ayemerica

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Atlantis but in space
A serious question OP, good call!

Call a spade a spade!!

US Navy Seal Black Ops' Attack Team 5 Special Weapons Expert Here With 15Years Take Out Experience With Extreme Prejudice and Maximum Force.

Black for Real Men.

White for girls and gays.

Look At My Photo ID Black Black Black!

Delta 9 Over and Out.

Can't tell if serious. Or psychopath.

hface119

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
I've owned black iDevices for every generation. Bought a white iPhone 5 two weeks ago, and I love it. What about the color white makes it girly? If they offered the iPhone in black, white, red, pink, purple, and blue... would the white one still be "girly"? I think not.

There is a certain point where you have to honestly think to yourself.. "who really cares?"

I'm 23, a straight male, and I don't see why it matters. Prior to this iPhone, I didn't really like white iProducts, but mostly due to my thought that they would get dirty easier. A color is a preference, not an orientation.

I respect your question because I think it's something that a lot of men wonder when they purchase an iPhone. It's pretty trivial, but the reality is that it's something people do consider.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
You should be less concerned with what your iPad color means and more concerned with the fact that women want a man who doesn't worry what the color of his iPad means.

Call a spade a spade!!

US Navy Seal Black Ops' Attack Team 5 Special Weapons Expert Here With 15Years Take Out Experience With Extreme Prejudice and Maximum Force.

Black for Real Men.

Delta 9 Over and Out.

Your insignia is white.

Over and out.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
What do girls think of guys with white iPhones, iPads, etc. How do you view us? Guys can chip in on the comments.

Simple: Buy things according to your taste. Some women will see it and like you for your taste, some will dislike you four your taste, some don't care. The second category is women that you should ignore anyway, so there's nothing lost.

knucklehead

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2003

Call a spade a spade!!

Black for Real Men.

Delta 9 Over and Out.

Winter operation -- dead in 15 seconds ...

:p

rowspaxe

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2010
I agree with the post a ways back abut white being very "apple". For years the silver aluminum MBP with its white cables stood apart from the sea of uniform black pc offerings with nasty power blocks (I run windows on a mbp). Now apple makes the only white tablets.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
It's just my opinion, but I think the white iPhone 5 is better looking than the black. You can tell its made of metal while the black iPhone looks like plastic.

However, I like the black iPad.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
No color is feminine, or masculine. Each to their own color :)

So pink isn't feminine? Come on. Baby girl stuff pink, baby boy stuff is generally blue. Why is that? I don't know, but somewhere along the line these colors were chosen and generally accepted as gender specific.

----------

Well, there it is! ^^^

Absollutely true!

No real, manly man would ever have a white iPad. Or a white iPhone. Or even a white shirt!

Only a wimpy man, of questionable...er...tendencies would even consider a white iPad!

Real men, manly men, men with machismo would only select black. White is so, so, well...what more can be said. A man with a white iPad would lose all his manly men friends, as they would not wish to be associated with a man with a white iPad. Others might think them...ah...light in the loafers, too.

I hope I hasve made clear this issue and settled, once and for all, the dangers or any man using a white iPad.

To even consider it is...well...suspect!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I draw no conclusions on any "tendencies" or whatever based on the color of someone's iPhone. Get real, man. And don't fall off your "oh so ironic soap box".

Simple question: is a white iPhone feminine?
Simple answer: White is fruity.

Would it help you if I said "fruitier"? Ok. White is fruitier than black. Of the 2 color options one is more feminine than the other. And that color is white. I didn't know the "thought police" we're doing a spot check on this thread. Usually a spot check is advertised in the paper and on the news. I must have missed the notice.

Thanks Officer.

Last edited:

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
So pink isn't feminine? Come on. Baby girl stuff pink, baby boy stuff is generally blue. Why is that? I don't know, but somewhere along the line these colors were chosen and generally accepted as gender specific.

Find the most masculine caucasian male you can and odds are his skin is pink.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
My Dad asked why I bought the girly White iPhone.

I told him it was his fault, he painted my bedroom walls white as a kid, starting the sissification early.

He shut up.

zinman

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2012
Indy
I wanted to buy a white iPad and a red smart cover (huge IU fan) but I decided to go the sleek route and get a black iPad and with a gray cover. So therefore, I see nothing wrong with the white model. Also, If you have a black iPhone, why not switch it up a little bit and have a white iPad, or vice versa.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
Find the most masculine caucasian male you can and odds are his skin is pink.

Chances are his skin is tanned, either by the sun or tanning bed. Flesh tone is hardly pink, the same color pink that we see adorning things like breast cancer ribbons, Barbie playhouse stuff, and so on. WE all know what "pink" is. Lets not delve into semantic nonsense just so you can sound smart and clever, the way faux intellectuals do like Racheal Maddow and Keith Olberman

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.