Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

omenatarhuri

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2010
6 months ago I was going to buy a new iMac, whenever they came out.

At this point, given the redesign and likely un-servicable nature of the new design, I might as well wait for whatever they do to the Mac Pros...
At that point again you'd be waiting for next cool thing. There's always something around the corner.

I think the new iMacs look amazing and I'm very interested in seeing the new display IRL. Should be great according to the early reviews.... Perhaps next cinema display will be laminated as well? And the Apple Television unit? :eek:

druiddriveby

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2012
27"

So I guess we'll see the 27 inch iMac on December 31....? :mad:

Inthe artice it states:

The 27-inch iMac will be available for order through the Apple Online Store and will begin shipping in December.

So you should be able to place orders for the 27" on friday :)

unclejuicyjoe

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
Trying to convince yourself that you didn't make a dumb decision? :rolleyes:

Not at all, I had a real problem with a late 2007 iMac, it was out of apple care and Apple gave me a credit of $1799 towards a new imac of my choice.

I maxed out a 27 inch for less than $1000.00 out of pocket....

Never looked back...

wizzywig27

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2012
oh great, I am in a meeting at work from 8am UK time, any idea what time they will be on sale in th UK?

ralphoi

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2012
Inthe artice it states:

The 27-inch iMac will be available for order through the Apple Online Store and will begin shipping in December.

So you should be able to place orders for the 27" on friday :)

Yeah right! 27" would start 'shipping in december' Same way the 21" would start shipping in November... 30th!!!

NoIdeasOriginal

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2011
Dublin, Ireland.
Eleven hundred quid for a non-upgradable tablet on a stick with glass over the monitor.

Doesn't appeal in the slightest.

The same cash could have bought an upgradable tower back in the "Apple Computer" days.

And how could I pitch this to my Mum to replace her G3 CRT iMac when all she needs is something to run a web browser & an email client, and a 17" PC laptop is hundreds of Pounds cheaper?

Too expensive for the casual user, too appliance-like & limited for many professionals.

Sad times...

My thoughts exactly.

Macboy Pro

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2011
Why would he bother? Some people aren't keen on the design. Big whoop.

I dont think people are not liking the looks as much as I think people are disappointed that Apple has the mindset that making it "look" thinner is more important than making it upgradeable and keeping features that folks needs. Apple has been a one trick pony that last few years. No real technology innovation since the iPad 1, just thinner products and they buy denser pixeled panels.

I know, they creating the lightening connector. IMO that is simply a giant profit grab for EXTREMELY overpriced accessories.

UFGatorMel

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2012
Finally! So excited. This is the last thing we need to be done with our update to the family room. Woo hoo!

BSoares

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2012
USA
I hope they start taking orders around 9am eastern. I hate when it's shortly after midnight because then all the folks from pacific get their orders in before I get mine. 9am would be perfect.

Macboy Pro

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2011
Can't wait for iFixit's repairability score.

They are all repairable at Apple Prices :D Just like the MBP 13 Retina, if you can afford a ridiculously priced 13 notebook at $1700-$2000, you should be able to afford $1200 to replace the logic board in a couple years when the memory ($20-$30 item) fails.

uptownnyc

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
Hmm. So I need to buy in-store because in New York I'm eligible for a tax-free purchase due to this, but I want a customized 27". Do you suppose that means I'll need to wait till December when they'll take orders in-store for the 27" models?

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
Meanwhile complete silence about iTunes 11. Let's hope the new iMac is not all we get come this Friday.

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Would it have been so hard to say

"And the new iTunes will be released on XXXXXday".

Overg

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012
btw, what does it mean for the 27? what is the availabilities ?
if I order it immediately what is the shipping time ?

I8P'CS

Suspended
Jul 29, 2010
Finally, the NEW gen that looks like the old gen but with a price increase and thinner edges will go on sale friday. Pity I'm waiting for 2013 model as I have high end 2011 and can't justify the upgrade.

I really like fusion drive, but i'll order on day one of Haswell refresh, Thats for sure. Happy for those that have been moaning though, They can now browse Facebook and twitter on a bigger screen instead of their iPhone and iPad

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.