Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eric/

Original poster
Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
Does anybody have any recommendations for where to buy silk pajamas? Looking for my lady for Christmas.

Hard mode: be able to order them with a monogram

Also, post pics of PJs or share funny stories related to pjs.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
Do you already know that she would like silk pajamas? It seems like one of those things that might sound good 'in theory' but then isn't.

As corny as they are, I like the pajama jeans for lounging and sometimes sleeping, but usually just lounging. I can't stand pajamas that have buttons, unless they are for lounging only. Then some of the warm ones are great for winter. I do like the pajama sets that are 3 pieces, pants, tank and cardigan.

Also, places I'd check for PJs are Barenecessities.com, Nordstrom.com & eddiebauer.com. Those are my general goto places.

Last edited:

eric/

Original poster
Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
Do you already know that she would like silk pajamas? It seems like one of those things that might sound good 'in theory' but then isn't.

As corny as they are, I like the pajama jeans for lounging and sometimes sleeping, but usually just lounging. I can't stand pajamas that have buttons, unless they are for lounging only. Then some of the warm ones are great for winter. I do like the pajama sets that are 3 pieces, pants, tank and cardigan.

Yeah she definitely wants them

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
Buying silk pajamas for your significant other means you've stopped having sex. I feel sorry for you.

eric/

Original poster
Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
Buying silk pajamas for your significant other means you've stopped having sex. I feel sorry for you.

Um, what? Maybe if you're 45 or something

----------

Although I think VS quality has gone down in the last couple years, it looks like Victoria's secret has some on their website.
http://www.victoriassecret.com/sleepwear/silk-and-satin

Monogrammed though? doesn't appear so.

Yeah I would try and avoid VS because I hate what that company represents. And especially with no monogram. Might just end up getting something else instead. It was just one thing I know she likes.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Um, what? Maybe if you're 45 or something

Um, what? What's 45 got to do with whether you have sex? :confused:

I haven't seen a whole lot of pajamas in silk, but I see a lot in satin. I like cotton myself, as it's much stretchier. I have some silk shirts, and I don't like wearing them because there's no "give" to them.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
This guy's old. :p:D

The concept of "Old", like that of 'beauty', and much else, is something that is very much in the eye of the beholder. Age isn't everything, you know.

For my part, I have met some kids who are grouches before their time, and have met a few preternaturally (a treasured few) wise youngsters, the sort that light up a room with an inner luminosity; I have also met some (not many, I grant, but a splendid glowing lot) 'old' people with such a zest for life, informed mind, acute critical awareness, with rich throaty chuckles at what life can throw at them. Such people are ageless, and a pleasure to meet at any stage of life. Oh, and, rarely short of willing partners, either.....

eric/

Original poster
Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States

Example:

http://www.pajamagram.com/SellGroup/comfy-in-cashmere-sleepshirt-new.aspx

Listed as cashmere, when obviously it's not, yet failing to mention the actual material. It's one of those 93% cotton, 3% cashmere, 4% polyester mixes.

If they had silk (which I haven't seen, but I'm probably overlooking it) I doubt it's the real thing.

Either or, you should not have a hard time finding these elsewhere.

Yeah there are many sites, but since I don't have experience I was asking for recommendations. I can search for things myself.

Thanks for the help though.

eric/

Original poster
Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
I'm actually curious about where those of you who believe that the purchase of an article of clothing indicates the amount of sex you're having live, gender, religious beliefs, and other demographic traits. This would be quiet an interesting study on these weird cultural beliefs.

Last edited:

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Um, what? Maybe if you're 45 or something[COLOR="#808080"[/QUOTE]

[quote="Tomorrow, post: 16366656"]Um, what? What's 45 got to do with whether you have sex? :confused:

This guy's old. :p:D

OK, you little whippersnappers!! These jejune comments on age, you young pups, will catch up with you!!

Your assumption that 45 begins the post-sex age is incredible. So us old folks are dead from the waist down, huh!?

If this keeps up I'll send a video, and it's not a pretty sight!! Fun for the participants, not so much for the viewers!

In short...even us ancient folks like to get our cookies!! :cool:

:rolleyes: :p

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Just a threat to keep the babies in line!! (Admittedly not a pretty sight)

They seem to think that once you're over 45 your privates disappear, and sex is only for those in their 20's.

Snotty little brats...:mad:

;)

Agree with you - and 'pretty sights' are very much in the eye of the beholder.

One of the most powerful endings to a book I have read in recent years can be found at the end of "The Glass Palace" by Amitav Ghosh; awesome, as the Americans sometimes say.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.