Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kannesss

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Above.
So I have an iPhone 5. I use it mainly for music, and to play games and social apps on. Nothing too crazy, just music work with apps is my main thing recently, and Angry Birds Star Wars lol.

I saw a case recently that was leather, and had a slim side pocket for a debit card. The thing I am wondering is, will this case, which is padded on the inside and has felt like material on the inside so no scratches, will it be better for the phone if i was to drop it? Its in a otterbox defender, but i have seen iphones crack in those still.

This is what the case looks like for reference:
http://hypebeast.com/2012/11/hard-graft-skinny-fit-iphone-5-case-heritage/

KojiH

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
There is no way that a leather sleeve will be more protective than an Otterbox Defender for drops.

The only thing is that perhaps the screen is better protected for scratching with the leather sleeve since the screen is covered...

If it were me I'd be more concerned with dropping the phone or having it slip out of my hand when taking it out of the sleeve to answer the phone or text.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.