Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
Damm so sorry for you guys :( but you gotta understand that theres probably a lot of people and even more than the first round going F5 F5 F5 ! lol

Myself got ahold of one doing refresh until the 16gb one showed "in-stock"

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
They should have just gone live without announcing it prior to everyone.

They've set far too many people up to fail by pre-announcing availability.

GOOGLE.

Y U SUCK SO HARD AT THIS?

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
Damm so sorry for you guys :( but you gotta understand that theres probably a lot of people and even more than the first round going F5 F5 F5 ! lol

Myself got ahold of one doing refresh until the 16gb one showed "in-stock"

I have had it show "in-stock" at least 10 times now to no avail.

Really is making me wonder what their problem is. And "in-stock" is not "ships in 4-5 weeks." Wow.

Michael

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
They should have just gone live without announcing it prior to everyone.

They've set far too many people up to fail by pre-announcing availability.

GOOGLE.

Y U SUCK SO HARD AT THIS?

They need to get a grip, how tha hell they state 4-5weeks shipping time on 2nd round ?!

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Hello Charles,

Thank you for contacting Google Support, *I apologize about the delay.*I can understand how this issue could be frustrating, but I hope I am able to answer all of your questions!

Rest assured that Bumpers for the Nexus 4 are being delivered based on the order in which they were received. Due to overwhelming demand we sold out of Nexus 4 Bumpers extremely quickly.

If you have any other questions/concerns, feel free to reply to this email or call into (removed)

Why on earth are they listed as "in stock" and delivery within 5 business days?

Not cool Google. :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-27-21-49-52.png
    Screenshot_2012-11-27-21-49-52.png
    220.6 KB · Views: 66

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
I have had it show "in-stock" at least 10 times now to no avail.

Really is making me wonder what their problem is. And "in-stock" is not "ships in 4-5 weeks." Wow.

Michael
Finally got my order to go through at 5:26MST (-7 GMT). :D

I hung in there for the 16GB this time. Will prolly sell my 8GB.

Michael

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Shows in stock, but 4 to 5 weeks delivery? Just curious, i know what the tax will be roughly but what are they charging for shipping? I live in Las Vegas. Anyone close to that? Im assuming it varies depending on where you are.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
Shows in stock, but 4 to 5 weeks delivery? Just curious, i know what the tax will be roughly but what are they charging for shipping? I live in Las Vegas. Anyone close to that? Im assuming it varies depending on where you are.

Maybe they will credit shipping charges ? They did it for me.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
If Google can't even manage to build a functioning checkout website, how could I trust them to manage all of my personal data and sensitive work emails/files?

Think I'm done trying to get a hold of one of these, I'll stick with the iPhone.

I understand your frustration, but this is a fallacy, my friend, just as it was the first time Google messed up.

There's no running away from it: Google sucks at this, and though they're learning from the first mash up, they're obviously learning slowly and there are still growing pains. They got some things right this time, but still failed on others. It's unfortunate, but let's face it, this isn't exactly Google's forte. They've only ever launched a handful of stuff prior to the Nexus 4, and only the first time they've launched a smartphone on the Play Store with this sort of demand. But to let this think they can't manage your emails and files? That's ludicrous. They suck at launches, but they're pros at managing emails and files. Gmail is a testament to this.

If you feel that strongly about it, that's all right, but it just makes me think you didn't want the Nexus that badly in the first place. I don't see why you can't stick to using your iPhone until your order ships. Perhaps your faith in Google has been shaken (perfectly valid) but you are ultimately walking away from an OS that you desire/desired.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ

I got charged $13.99 for shipping and $0.98 for tax.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I got charged $13.99 for shipping and $0.98 for tax.

Whoa....i didnt check out obviously but it said Tax for me would be $28 and change....plus $13.99 shipping.. Total was around $392.
EDIT**
Actually below is a copy of what my cart says from the Google Store before accepting.

Nexus 4 (16GB) The next generation phone. Thin, light, and designed for Google Play.
$349.00 USD
Shipping (Two Day) $13.99 USD
Tax $28.27 USD
Total $391.26 USD

Last edited:

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Anyone else noticing the touch responsiveness issues? I noticed and reviewers have too but I wanted to see if it was impacting anyone here.

Also, I still can't get my exchange calendar to show up.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Anyone else noticing the touch responsiveness issues? I noticed and reviewers have too but I wanted to see if it was impacting anyone here.

Do you mean not being responsive in general, especially in chrome? I felt like the screen was "sticky"

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010

I notice it sometimes on my N4. The word sticky is a good way to describe it

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
I notice it sometimes on my N4. The word sticky is a good way to describe it

I don't think it is the hardware. Notice how instantaneous tapping on-screen nav buttons is? In some cases it appears there is a deliberate delay in screen tap recognition in certain apps. Like there could be a button that you need to tap and hold a bit before it is pressed. If this is done as a "feature" I'd rather they not.

Another example where it is clearly intentional is the phone keypad: why are they slowing it down? It's 2012 I can tap in a number much faster than it lets me.

EDIT: Just figured out what was causing some of that screen tap delay: I had magnification on in Accessibility under Settings. That is where you tap 3 times and it zooms the screen. I noticed that was popping up all the time and was annoying. After turning it off there is no delay on the keypad in the phone app. That feature must add a small delay in order to recognize the 3 quick taps to trigger it.

Michael

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I don't think it is the hardware. Notice how instantaneous tapping on-screen nav buttons is? In some cases it appears there is a deliberate delay in screen tap recognition in certain apps. Like there could be a button that you need to tap and hold a bit before it is pressed. If this is done as a "feature" I'd rather they not.

Another example where it is clearly intentional is the phone keypad: why are they slowing it down? It's 2012 I can tap in a number much faster than it lets me.

Michael

it's different than that though. I mentioned this a few days ago about scrolling and you linked me to a video. When I had the n4, the scrolling was nothing like that video. If I was to flick up, to scroll down it would maybe go a little further down on the website I was looking at. It may be fixable with a software update, or it could be an issue with hardware is some of the devices.

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012

I have! And it's also the reason why I'm returning the Nexus 4 I received on November 14th....

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
it's different than that though. I mentioned this a few days ago about scrolling and you linked me to a video. When I had the n4, the scrolling was nothing like that video. If I was to flick up, to scroll down it would maybe go a little further down on the website I was looking at. It may be fixable with a software update, or it could be an issue with hardware is some of the devices.

Mine scrolls like the video so I don't what to say.

I get sticking on my iPad when browsing and a video is embedded on the page. Annoying.

Michael

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Mine scrolls like the video so I don't what to say.

I get sticking on my iPad when browsing and a video is embedded on the page. Annoying.

Michael

So I think it may be faulty hardware is some of the phones. It was immediately noticeable to me, but I just thought it was the device in general. Then when you linked me to the video I was thinking, "WTF, that is how mine should scroll....the same way as my iphone." I wish I still had the phone so I could do a side by side video.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
I wasn't charged tax when I bought the Galaxy Nexus or the Nexus 4. Does Google have stores in certain states so they have to charge sales tax for some states and not for others?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.