Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

millerrh

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2005
I hope this is true. Mines a week 48 expected to deliver on Friday and I have been freaking out a bit hearing about all the issues with LG.

iPersian

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
were did you hear this?

Weve heard alot of different information recent months and none of them have been true so far.

Some geniuses and salesmen and apple people have been saying alot of ******** and lies so we should have high hopes.

bluechair1984

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
There does seem to be a lot of misinformation out there on this...

I also just recently ordered a retina macbook and am also wondering about my chances of getting one with problems...

DHagan4755

macrumors 68020
Jul 18, 2002
Massachusetts
I swear I've heard this crap before. Besides, what good is getting a Samsung if it's got a yellow tint? I don't understand why Apple has this yellow tint problem?

locoboi187

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2012
I swear I've heard this crap before. Besides, what good is getting a Samsung if it's got a yellow tint? I don't understand why Apple has this yellow tint problem?

I've heard crap where LG owners think they're screen is superior and argue positively about their screens to make themselves feel better. Human nature.

lebbeus

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2012
mine shipped from shanghai yesterday so i really hope this is true. will post result when it arrives.

Haifisch

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2012

Really? Maybe I lucked out then. According to my Spyder 3 Pro calibrating tool, post calibration profile was very close to stock. Now, you might argue that the Spyder is a consumer level device but I don't care to go there.

My experience with two MacBooks and most tvs and projectors is that people tend to like their image cooler. So when you calibrate to 6500K, it looks warm. If the stock colour profile is already close to 6500K then maybe that why people are saying it's yellow.

DHagan4755

macrumors 68020
Jul 18, 2002
Massachusetts
I've heard crap where LG owners think they're screen is superior and argue positively about their screens to make themselves feel better. Human nature.
I've heard this too. I've seen both in person at the Apple Store. All but one of the 15" MacBook Pros they had on display at the time were LG. The lone Samsung was clearly brighter & had a better white point. But I've read about the Samsung having anything from a yellow haze to a strong yellow bias.

locoboi187

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2012
I've heard this too. I've seen both in person at the Apple Store. All but one of the 15" MacBook Pros they had on display at the time were LG. The lone Samsung was clearly brighter & had a better white point. But I've read about the Samsung having anything from a yellow haze to a strong yellow bias.

True, Samsung = yellow warmer tint & LG = blue cooler tint

DHagan4755

macrumors 68020
Jul 18, 2002
Massachusetts
Well the Samsung at the Apple Store that I saw had a perfect screen. Perfectly white balanced. I have been discouraged to read about the yellow tint on Samsung. But the yellow tint also exists on the LG too.

Jack9034

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2011
Do all machines from one week have the same display manufacturer or is it mixed. Eg: All rMBPs from Week XX have LG screens

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008

Funny, I hear the same about Samsung screen owners...

anarti

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2012
Scotland
Week 45 - LG, built to order, as for now it's flawless, no problems at all. Will see what happens. If I see any problems, I will get back to apple store with it. At the moment, no problems so why should I bother?

BTW, how people can calibrate retina display when there is no option to adjust RBG values during calibration to get to D6500 for instance.

I have Eye One Display 2 and it shows for D6500 that screen has too much red. I cannot adjust it so how can we talk about calibration?

On my Eizo monitor I can control RBG gain to match desired white point (usually D6500). On Macbook it's impossible....

ssn637

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2009
Switzerland
Week 47 2.3 / 16 / 512 -LSN Samsung

I'm very grateful. Would have sent the machine back immediately if I'd found it had a LG display. I'd waited to see what the 13" rMBP would bring but decided to go for the slightly larger footprint and dedicated graphics / quad core CPU.

An awesome notebook that will hopefully justify its high price over the next few years. I'd recommend to anyone considering this rMBP to just go for it. Apple's return policy is a generous one and you'll have plenty of time to see if it's right for you. The jump in size from a 13" MBP is offset by its light weight and performance, although I'd advise against economy-class air travel!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.