Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beliblis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2011
Hi,

I just purchased Photoshop CS6, running it on my MBP 2.5 GHz i7, 16gb ram. Waste of money... Photoshop CS6 is A LOT(!) less responsive than Photoshop CS4, particularly the curves dialogue. I just can't work "fluently" with CS6.

Anyway.... moving forward, I was wondering if anyone here experienced similar slack performance of CS6 on Lion, and if an upgrade to Mountain Lion would help?

(Every other software runs just fine, including all the other CS6 applications. It's just Photoshop CS6).

rrm998

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2012
Houston, TX USA
ML + CS6 = OK. IMHO

I never tried CS6 in Lion. I'm not seeing any issues in ML, including using Curves. Still waiting for a Retina enabled PS, of course.

Beliblis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2011
Thanks for your reply. Good to know it's ok on ML, but I'm still not entirely convinced if it's my specific machine/setup or the OS... unless someone had slack Cs6 performance on Lion which then changed for the better in ML.

Not keen to upgrade to ML yet – certainly not if I know 100% guaranteed that CS6 will work smoothly.

Garen

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2010
Los Angeles Area
No problem with Lion and Photoshop CS6 as matter of fact it is much faster than CS4 and a joy to use it. Btw no difference in performance with ML, it is fast.

Garen

Beliblis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2011
Just a quick update:
I upgraded to Mountain Lion, and Photoshop CS6 is running alright now.
Previously (under Lion), there was literally seconds(!) of delay within the curves dialogue, as well as some filters. Same for the clone stamp live preview: always 1-2 seconds behind the actual mouse pointer position.

Anyway. All good now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.