Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
I noticed a small piece of hair or dead pixel on my iPad mini screen. It's so small and faint that it's barely noticeable, but visible if you look for it on a white bright background. I won't get it exchanged because that would be dumb and like I said it's hardly noticeable. Have any of you guys noticed this on your iPad mini?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 652

Dlanod

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
UK
Both the Mini's I've had have had the same type of problem. Which was the main reason I returned them without trying to spend some time with them. I went through a number of iPad 3s for the same reason. Apple have real quality control issues in this area.

I'd send it back frankly.

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
Both the Mini's I've had have had the same type of problem. Which was the main reason I returned them without trying to spend some time with them. I went through a number of iPad 3s for the same reason. Apple have real quality control issues in this area.

I'd send it back frankly.

Really?!?!

Do you think they'd take mine back? I mean, it is quite small and hardly noticeable. Still not good though.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
If you are within the return window you can take anything back. If it bugs you enough i'd get it exchanged. And it's not only a problem with Apple. That can happen with any device. I exchanged a Nexus 7 for a similar reason.

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
This mini was purchased on the 5th so I am out of the 14 day grace. They'd probably give me a mini in a brown box with another flaw. How frustrating. A premium product huh?

I'll live with it I guess.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
This mini was purchased on the 5th so I am out of the 14 day grace. They'd probably give me a mini in a brown box with another flaw. How frustrating. A premium product huh?

I'll live with it I guess.

Why would you live with it? The replacement units are new, they're just not in retail packaging. Go to the store, swap it out, and inspect your replacement before you leave the store.

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
Why would you live with it? The replacement units are new, they're just not in retail packaging. Go to the store, swap it out, and inspect your replacement before you leave the store.

Yeah, you're right.

As small as the piece of hair is, it's sort of a distraction when I view the screen.

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
So I just swapped out my Mini and everything checks out. It is flawless, for now at least.

Just one thing.

My Mini was a 32GB version.

They gave me a 64GB version.... Hmmm... There was one brown box left so it may have been OK'ed by management but I'm not sure.

w00t951

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
So I just swapped out my Mini and everything checks out. It is flawless, for now at least.

Just one thing.

My Mini was a 32GB version.

They gave me a 64GB version.... Hmmm... There was one brown box left so it may have been OK'ed by management but I'm not sure.

So it cost Apple $2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.