Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tmurray315

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
so the past week i noticed my iphone 5 has been really slow and freezing up, and a force closing apps. every time i swipe the screen it freezes do you know why all of a sudden its doing this??

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
so the past week i noticed my iphone 5 has been really slow and freezing up, and a force closing apps. every time i swipe the screen it freezes do you know why all of a sudden its doing this??

It is most likely due to one of two things: (1) iPhone is running out of free memory and paging out or (2) app is poorly written and using up lots of CPU and other resources excessively (e.g., memory, GPS).

Tmurray315

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Thanks guys its slow at anything I do like my screen always freezes unlocking the phone takes forever its slow And laggy

Tmurray315

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
is this normal my iphone 5 has been fine up to this point i swipe to unlock and it freezes and wont register for a minute then it unlocks that goes for swiping screens and other things

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.