Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simplymuzik3

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2009
ATH_M50s

Great headphones. Only complaint is that they are a tad bulky.

I have them too. My other complaint is that they can be a little too tight around your ears when you've been wearing them for a while (a couple hours).

They're fantastic otherwise though.

AppleDeviceUser

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Canada
These are the ones I use, they cost about $500 Canadian but they sound absolutely amazing, they are way better than Beats by dre! If you're looking for more info, google "K 702 AKG headphones" They are made in Austria :)

They are also very comfortable :)

Attachments

• akg_k_702.jpg
    akg_k_702.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 106

Gofre

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2011
load_image_main.php

Minerva Mi-3 triple driver customs

Philips+Fidelio+L1-500580.jpg

Philips Fidelio L1

V+Moda+Crossfade+M+80-521927.jpg

V Moda M80

Phonak+Audéo+PFE+022-333886.jpg

Phonak Audeo PFE 112

617746385.jpg

Superlux HD668B

EricByer

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2012
Just (literally today) got myself some new headphones to replace a very uncomfortable pair of Sennheiser HD202s.

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro

How do you feel now that you're a couple of months in with them?

I've never owned a pair headphones (or a decent pair of earbuds for the matter, always have gotten by with the stock Apple ones) and I'm thinking about picking up a pair of Beyerdynamics in the near future.

Specifically, I've got my eye on the Beyerdynamics Custom One Pro.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
How do you feel now that you're a couple of months in with them?

I've never owned a pair headphones (or a decent pair of earbuds for the matter, always have gotten by with the stock Apple ones) and I'm thinking about picking up a pair of Beyerdynamics in the near future.

Specifically, I've got my eye on the Beyerdynamics Custom One Pro.

Still loving them! Cant really falt them at all. The only thing I have had to do is get a cable clip as the cable is pretty long, so I got a clip that holds the excess cable.

EricByer

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2012
Still loving them! Cant really falt them at all. The only thing I have had to do is get a cable clip as the cable is pretty long, so I got a clip that holds the excess cable.

Good to hear, glad you're still liking them.

jateelover

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012
I bought these off Amazon and they are great. I would say the sound is slightly better then the earpods, and the bass is quite a bit better. Battery seems to last about half a day of listening at work. The earpods hurt my ears, so these are much better...i put my sony earbud inserts on them and it helped even more. No one has complained about hearing me on calls either. There is another listing for the same product with a ton of good reviews, but this has prime and its a bit cheaper. Controls my iPad and iPhone fine

Pros
light
good sound
wireless
can take calls

Cons
Have to charge
Stock earbud inserts are not as good as sony's

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A44ABHO

WillFisher

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
Currently got some Beats Pro that were a Christmas present 2 years ago, looking at switching for a pair of P5's.
Also thinking of investing in a headphone amp for my MacBook Pro, suggestions as an affordable one?

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States
I have been considering an a future upgrade to my portable setup in terms of both of source and headphone. Currently I use an iPod Classic with Apple's EarPods as my portable. I am considering on upgrading to the HiFiMAN HM-601 Express as a new source. For headphones I was thinking of using HiFiMAN's own HE-400 orthodynamic headphone. :)
x818HE400-F.jpeg

410yb5xGLNL._SS400_HiFiMan+HM-601+Portable+Player.jpg

destroysall.

JDrive

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2010
Woo Audio GES electrostatic amp just arrived, build quality is simply amazing. Can't wait to pair it with my Stax SR-507 when it ships.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.