Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Whether you liked it or not it was held back from the iPhone 4, rendering your assertion that you get two years with full iOS updates moot. By the way, I did not and do not find Siri useless. Granted I think Google Now is a bit better but that is besides the point.

It's also a fact that it happened a year after the 3GS was released when iOS 4 came out too: no multitasking support, no task switcher, no orientation lock, no lock-screen wallpaper, and no bluetooth keyboard support.

Michael

The one that always sticks in my mind was leaving out mms on the original iPhone.
http://www.macworld.com/article/1141430/iphone2G_mms.html

Even back the the sympathisers justified it and we're proven inherently wrong by the jailbreak community. Not much has changed since then sadly.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
The one that always sticks in my mind was leaving out mms on the original iPhone.
http://www.macworld.com/article/1141430/iphone2G_mms.html

Even back the the sympathisers justified it and we're proven inherently wrong by the jailbreak community. Not much has changed since then sadly.

Oh and let's not forget that you can lose functionality too! ;)

Apple foisted their on maps on iPhone 4 users but they do not even get the privilege of having the one feature that might make it worth it: turn-by-turn navigation. Priceless. (I would have mentioned the lack of Flyover for the iPhone 4 but I figure not too many folks fly around like Superman and would get any use out of it.)

Michael

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Oh and let's not forget that you can lose functionality too! ;)

Apple foisted their on maps on iPhone 4 users but they do not even get the privilege of having the one feature that might make it worth it: turn-by-turn navigation. Priceless. (I would have mentioned the lack of Flyover for the iPhone 4 but I figure not too many folks fly around like Superman and would get any use out of it.)

Michael

You don't fly around like Superman?

Okay...

/backs away slowly.... :D

rillrill

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
New York
I'd be surprised if most of the negative comments about the nexus 4 have any weight at all considering the phone is a rarity right now. But, since I own one, I can say these comments are wrong and short sided. This phone is a giant **** you to the cell carriers. If could Google can get the states on to a European model it would be a god send. **** lte if it means I have to be gouged by these *******s.

mankar4

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2007
USA
That's like saying "if she was 2 pounds lighter I would have married her in a second." :D

Michael

Weight is a continuous variable while LTE is binary. Its more like saying "if she was skinny I would have married her in a second"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.