Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
I go to the gym 5-6 times a week and I like to track my workouts, I don't mainly stick to the same workout each week, so I just use my Notes App to track what I'm doing.

I enjoyed Full Fitness, iFitness which are the same app just got banned from the AppStore. One of those is still there and I have it, just don't use it.

I'm looking for a gym app that lets me just write out work outs, reps and sets and logs it some way or even easier, a gym app that is also out in the Mac AppStore which is ideally what I'd like.

phillyi

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2011
Out of all the gym/fitness apps Ive used I definitely like JeFit the best. the UI is pretty basic but the customization is great for all levels.

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
I loved DailyBurn mostly for its great food nutrition tracker and calories burned tracker from exercises. I was not trying to lose weight, but it was great to see the amount of protien and other nutrients I was getting each day and the amount of calories taken in and burned. But the software was buggy, I would lose weeks of data for no reason, or have different data from the web or my iPhone. So I gave up.

I am using JeFit now. It is great from tracking exercies, rep and weight tracking and seeing on a graph your progress. It syncs cross platform and on the web, which is nice. Its a bit of a learning curve as it is not very intuative at first, but once you get the hang of it, you can input and track pretty quickly.

I created all my routines, with target sets and reps by day and then easily update my daily logs of my workouts and even keep notes on a day or exercise if I found on that day the weight was too light or too heavy, etc. BTW,I purchased the Pro version.

Haifisch

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2012
I use StrongLifts. They preach the low-rep heavy weight mentality so you may or may not subscribe to that.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
Thank you everyone, I'll try them out.

Stronglifts can you only track the workouts shown?

anvikapur

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2012
i found this app on itunesdotappledotcom All-in Fitness Pro: 1000 Exercises, Workouts & Calorie Counter By ARAWELLA CORPORATION

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
Most important thing....keep your butt in the gym no matter which app you use!!! Good luck and post up which one you picked and why.

So far I'm enjoying JeFit. I waste time in the gym because I over due 30 seconds of resting, it helps me stay on it.

A few things I don't like though:
1. I like to change music, or text while my rest periods, and I noticed if I hit the power button during the count down (5 seconds), it'll stop.
2. I sometimes enter the wrong amount of double tap adding an extra set. I can't seem to find a way to edit them.

What I do like besides the timer is, I go off bodybuilding.com plans and they have majority of the exercises in the app that are needed for these plans. I also wish the iPad version was better improved, I hate looking at apps at 2x mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.