Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
My Dad asked why I bought the girly White iPhone.

I told him it was his fault, he painted my bedroom walls white as a kid, starting the sissification early.

He shut up.

Aweee shhht! Whatta great reaponse.

----------

I think it's too feminine... For me at least.

I think you need counseling. Does this apply to race as well? Imagine if all girls applied this theory to relationships...

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
I wear pink dress shirts to work all the time. And I look hot in them. They don't look silly at all. I get all kinds of compliments when I wear them from both customers and co-workers, both genders. Every time.

Then one of two conditions exist.

Condition 1. You are in fact a woman. Woman look hot in pink (some of them anyway). You are clearly one of them.

Condition 2. You are lying. Men look stupid in pink. And you look stupid when you wear pink. But never, ever hot.

These of course where just jokes but right in the text that you quoted from me I said that there were exceptions to every rule, the point of which was to deter people from then listing all of the exceptions that came to their minds. You clearly missed the point. Much like a woman would, so perhaps condition 1 applies. :p

JK

eggersj

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008
I have a white ipad 4 and feel manly everytime I pick it up.

What is feminine is asking if your white iPad makes you look like a girly man. :D

KiiD

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
Chicago, IL
Idk if it just me but I always stick to black because the white iPhones n iPads get dirty and start to turn brown along the side where it would generally be in your palm and the home button, I've even seen it on the iPhone5. Soo that's why I always stay to black

joeshmo2010

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2009
Seattle, WA
Then one of two conditions exist.

Condition 1. You are in fact a woman. Woman look hot in pink (some of them anyway). You are clearly one of them.

Condition 2. You are lying. Men look stupid in pink. And you look stupid when you wear pink. But never, ever hot.

These of course where just jokes but right in the text that you quoted from me I said that there were exceptions to every rule, the point of which was to deter people from then listing all of the exceptions that came to their minds. You clearly missed the point. Much like a woman would, so perhaps condition 1 applies. :p

JK

pretty sure im not a woman looking at my private parts. youre done. MOVING ON

SunnyRenegade33

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2012
It all boils down to personal preference. Although, I don't own any white Apple products (22 year old guy). I only own a white iPhone 3, but that was given to me for free.

I have a black iPod classic, a black iPhone 4S, and a black iPad 4. My laptop (gateway) is black, too. I just think that black Apple products seem more sleek and sophisticated. But white Apple products seem pretty neat, too. I just dislike how they show dirt easier than their colored counterparts.

iRalph

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2012
Miami, Fl
I'm a guy (15) and my iPad and iPod touch are both white, I just like white apple products more than black ones :D I don't really care what anyone thinks, after all its my device not them…

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
pretty sure im not a woman looking at my private parts. youre done. MOVING ON

Chill.. I don't feel done.

----------

I'm a guy (15) and my iPad and iPod touch are both white, I just like white apple products more than black ones :D I don't really care what anyone thinks, after all its my device not them…

That's all fine and good. But the white ones are more feminine than the black. It's science.

Soulweaponry

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2010
If your identity and everything you are is based on what color iPad you got, you don't have any character to begin with. Grow up. Do you want to be known as someone that was afraid to buy something because of what others thought of you? How cool does that sound?

kulimer

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2011
I think people are a little too harsh on the OP. Most people posted probably also have a white iDevice.

Of all honestly, it is girly. But you just have to used to it, it kind of rubs on you. Just like when Obama first started running for president, must people didn't like him. But now he has supporters, no, it does not mean he is supported by everyone.

makotoisle

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2012
I'm 25 male with white iDevices. I contemplated black, but my partner has black iDevices and I didn't want to mix them up. Does that make me the bottom?

parapup

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2006
If your identity and everything you are is based on what color iPad you got, you don't have any character to begin with. Grow up. Do you want to be known as someone that was afraid to buy something because of what others thought of you? How cool does that sound?

This. Stop living other people's lives and do what you believe is cool. (As for me - I don't find white feminine at all. Pink and purple on the other hand..)

Awakener

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2011
I thought the "Oh look at me I'm James Bond because I have a black gadget" ridiculousness disappeared with the Razr V3. Now it's just boring and dated.

Last edited:

Soulweaponry

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2010
I thought the "Oh look at me I'm James Bond because I have a black gadget" ridiculousness disappeared with the Razr V3. Now it's just boring.

This completely. Trying to conform to a certain image and letting others dictate what you can and can't be is the lamest thing ever. And I never knew white was feminine? Do men still have white cars? White laptops? White houses and white stuff around the house? When I think of the common stereotypical female color, it was always pink. White just seemed like a clean look to me. But I don't give a damn. I could wear a pink shirt and feel like a man

burnside

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
I have a white iPad, so that makes me girly...

but it matches my white Mustang GT limited, so that makes me manly!...

although I do have a pink smartcover on my iPad, so yeah, I'm girly...

until you see all that blood on the smartcover from my deer hunt last weekend, so I'm manly...

but it was actually a deer photo hunt so I could post some shots of some cute white tailed deer for my "I Love Deer" blog during which I tripped on a rock and gashed my forehead on a branch which spilled some blood on my iPad case... making me girly...

I know, I know, looks are deceiving.

CandyNJ66

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2009
USA
Chill.. I don't feel done.

----------

That's all fine and good. But the white ones are more feminine than the black. It's science.

Please stop embarrassing yourself. Looking at your icon, that's you right? You are a full grown adult, so why the nonsense? Honestly wondering why the 4th grade replies. Seems bizarre

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.