Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KaraH

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2012
DC
I start my 7 night graveyard shift on Wednesday night at the hospital where I work. I'm at a computer all night (9pm to 7am Pacific Time) and will be waiting anxiously to preorder the 27" early Friday morning. My birthday is December 1st, so hopefully, I will have my birthday present to myself already ordered.:D

Another Dec 1 person!

I probably will hold off a couple months so it does not arrive the same time as holiday bills though. Plus to let other people discover problems and for OWC to get their turnkey system up and running.

noahc

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2005
I wouldn't worry about times unless you only want a standard 21.5", sounds like whenever you order the earliest you can hope for is January :(

Actually, I disagree. Tim Cook said that supplies are going to be constrained. If you want to wait a month, I'd say get your order in ASAP. If you wait even a day it could dramatically increase time. I am planning to order a 27" with a Fusion Drive and am planning to try and order as soon as I possibly can.

Which brings us back to the question -- what time?

BriMercer

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2010
Is there a precedent for this, time-wise?

Of course, when there is an event, new hardware usually is available for order right after the event. What about the iPad mini? When did orders for it start?

Imacpapi

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2012
Is there a precedent for this, time-wise?

Of course, when there is an event, new hardware usually is available for order right after the event. What about the iPad mini? When did orders for it start?

8:00am local I believe

BriMercer

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2010
Okay, did a little digging at the time the iPad mini went on sale. This is what I found:

The 10:24 pm on the night before the iPad mini was to be available for preorders, on what was then Pacific Daylight Time, MacRumors reported that the Apple on-line store went down in anticipation of iPad mini preorders: https://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/26/apple-store-down-ahead-of-ipad-mini-pre-orders/

Three and a half hours later, at 1:04 am PDT, MacRumors reported that the iPad Mini was now available for pre-order: https://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/26/ipad-mini-and-4th-generation-ipad-now-available-for-pre-order/

Two hours later, MacRumors reported that the white version was already sold out: https://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/2...t-of-initial-white-ipad-mini-pre-order-stock/

If this is any indication, we should be looking to see if the Apple store goes down Thursday evening (adjusted for time zone).

APPLE-FANATIC

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2012
Texas
Have iMacs had "Pre-Orders" previously? I guess I always assumed they were available the next morning or afternoon. More often the same day of the announcement....but again this is my first, so I could be wrong. :confused:

Julio86

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2012
Has anyone heard if authorized sellers such as bestbuy will be selling them Friday as well?

David632

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
No iMac 27" on Friday

Just finished a chat with a apple employee and she stated that the 27inch will not be available for pre order on the Friday , I quoted the apple press release and she reckons that was misread and after reading a few news feeds , I kinda think she is correct and we will have to wait to pre order , maybe in December.

DeafRaiders

macrumors regular
Just finished a chat with a apple employee and she stated that the 27inch will not be available for pre order on the Friday , I quoted the apple press release and she reckons that was misread and after reading a few news feeds , I kinda think she is correct and we will have to wait to pre order , maybe in December.

I just off the chat with an Apple person just there and he states will be able to pre-order 27" on Friday and will give an estimate delivery date once purchased.

Julio86

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2012
Yes, my friend works at BB and confirms the display units arrived yesterday but will not go up until Friday.

Did your friend indicate whether or not they had a limited supply or if they received a good share of iMacs?

Thnx for the response btw

Fresh28

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2012
Did your friend indicate whether or not they had a limited supply or if they received a good share of iMacs?

Thnx for the response btw

All he saw were 2 display units in the back still in the box (apparently 1 box was bigger than the other) but still hasn't seen any stock coming in to the store.

----------

And I know this question is getting annoying but does anyone know for sure what time these will become available for preorder??? (Canada time)

Julio86

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2012
All he saw were 2 display units in the back still in the box (apparently 1 box was bigger than the other) but still hasn't seen any stock coming in to the store.

----------

And I know this question is getting annoying but does anyone know for sure what time these will become available for preorder??? (Canada time)

Damn looks like we need some more intel lol. Thnx

wizzywig27

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2012
so far, for the UK I have the following (from reading posts here):

it could be either 12am, or 8am, or 9am, or as late as 2pm (all based on Cupertino time release) :confused:

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
Yes sorry, I mean EST (Ontario time)...does anybody have an answer as I will be at work and will be going crazy until I get to order it.

Should be just whatever time the Apple Store comes up in the morning. Could be anywhere between 7am and noon EST. This isn't some coordinated midnight PST launch like the iOS devices.

Actually six (Newfoundland, Atlantic, Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific). Seven if you count not all of Saskatchewan going on daylight time.

Heh. Didn't know Newfoundland had it's own time zone.

dmw16

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
Seems I was hasty. I wanted a new computer, but ended up just throwing an SSD in my 2011 iMac. Oh well, guess I just need to wait a while now.

Johnf1285

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2010
I too wonder what time an online order can be placed. I am considering a maxed out 21.5" and don't think they will be seen in stores...

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
so far, for the UK I have the following (from reading posts here):

it could be either 12am, or 8am, or 9am, or as late as 2pm (all based on Cupertino time release) :confused:
I desperately want to know too, but I think it will be available at midnight, cupertino time, so 8AM here, I hope this is the case.

iPhone 4 pre orders did this, iPhone 5 orders did this.

I hate getting anxious about buying something, it is ridiculous, but I am so annoyed that Apple have worded their press release to cause confusion to anyone hoping to get a 27". Obviously this has been done to allow them flexibility and decide on the day if they will put up the 27" pre orders or not.

Put it this way - If Apple don't put the 27" pre orders up for Friday, then surely they will have to issue another press release about when the 27" iMacs will be available, and that seems a bit silly. I would imagine that they will get them both up in one go.

wizzywig27

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2012
I desperately want to know too, but I think it will be available at midnight, cupertino time, so 8AM here, I hope this is the case.

iPhone 4 pre orders did this, iPhone 5 orders did this.

I hate getting anxious about buying something, it is ridiculous, but I am so annoyed that Apple have worded their press release to cause confusion to anyone hoping to get a 27". Obviously this has been done to allow them flexibility and decide on the day if they will put up the 27" pre orders or not.

Put it this way - If Apple don't put the 27" pre orders up for Friday, then surely they will have to issue another press release about when the 27" iMacs will be available, and that seems a bit silly. I would imagine that they will get them both up in one go.

this is not ideal for me as I am in a meeting from 8am that I cannot get out of :mad: I am so gutted!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.