Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Mac Otakara notes that Adobe's promotional materials for its upcoming Create Now Live event on December 11 appear to show a 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro running Photoshop CS6 in high-resolution Retina mode.

photoshop_cs6_retina_video.jpg
Adobe announced in late August that it would be bringing Retina display support to Photoshop CS6 "this Fall", with the company's other applications also receiving updates "over the next few months". Several of those updates have already appeared, but Photoshop will be the most popular of the company's applications to receive the upgrade to Retina resolution.

Article Link: Photoshop CS6 Retina Display Support Coming on December 11?

Davmeister

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2009
London
That is definitely a Retina Macbook Pro.

That is definitely photoshop.

Read: retina ready Photoshop going to be announced December 11th.

KindredMAC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
I'm personally more in a hurry for Illustrator and InDesign to be Retina compliant.

coder12

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2010
Been waiting for this and Dreamweaver support... Pixelmator has been great on the RMBP.

multipasser

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2010
I hope they change the croptool back to cs5 standaard. The croptool in cs6 is so bad!!

Typetool is still slow when loading for the first time.
Lots of other features that need attention.

ksgant

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
Chicago
I hope they change the croptool back to cs5 standaard. The croptool in cs6 is so bad!!

Typetool is still slow when loading for the first time.
Lots of other features that need attention.

I love the new crop tool in cs6. But hey, if you like the old version, at least just put an option in there to use the old version and let us who like the new version continue to use it.

verniesgarden

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2007
Saint Louis, Mo
I'm still not sure why would web designers use a Retina MacBook Pro for design. Designing things on a screen that is different from what most people are using seems troublesome.

most web devs i know that us retina books use them in scaled resolution so they have more screen real estate

Uplift

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2011
UK
It really hasn't bothered me, but then again i've been doing more print work than web lately so no pixel perfect stuff which would have been difficult. The interface seems OK, definitely seen worse and the cavas is a little bit blurry but it's hardly a show stopper (unless your doing pixel perfect stuff)

There was a lot of uproar about photoshop on retina and in my opinion it's been totally blown out of proportion.

Only thing thats annoyed me is when u copy an image from elsewhere its 2x the size... thats nothing an action to resize it to 50% didn't fix.

The bigger issue is the absolute fail of Creative Cloud, they promised so much and delivered nothing.. although it's still a good deal why promise things you can't deliver on.

dlewis23

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
I'm still not sure why would web designers use a Retina MacBook Pro for design. Designing things on a screen that is different from what most people are using seems troublesome.

Most web designers I know use better screens then 99% of what there users use.

Most people have really crappy displays but your not going to design on what most of your users are using.

reden

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
Just Photoshop CS6? Does Adobe have 1 developer working on all the CS products?

FlatlinerG

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Not sure if that is a rMBP..Before you start the video, you can see what appears to be an optical drive on the right and side of the computer.

Maybe my eyes are just tricking me. Not enough coffee yet today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.