Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tasset

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2007
THIS is what the big unveil amounts to? I thought it was going to be an attachment that has a camera connected to the dock. But this is more or less a case with something like the Ollo Clip built in, right?

Gawd, celebrities who have money and ego to burn sure know how to waste it. No way this thing will sell enough to offset the cost of manufacturing facilities or machinery, let alone the cost of the cheap material.

fullstop102

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
West Yorkshire, UK
Misleading comments

If you also read the Telegraph article you will also see that he mixes and matches between the "Current" model and the "Future" model.

Speaking The Daily Telegraph last week, the Black-Eyed Peas star said the first product from his new consumer electronics and app venture i.am+ clips onto an iPhone and transforms the eight megapixel smartphone camera into a 14 megapixel camera, which it is claimed dramatically enhances the clarity and definition of your photographs. ‘We have our own sensor and a better flash,” he said. “You dock you phone into our device and it turns you smartphone into a genius-phone. We take over the camera.’

This is at best misleading and misguided and at worst, just WRONG. The current model that they speak of doesn't suddenly magic up 14 Megapixels.

Maybe instead of this comment you do neither make the product or talk about it.

Will.i.am said he hoped the fact that he had made a product himself, "rather than just talking about it"

Pinksteady

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
Assuming that's a bluetooth keyboard, how will you type on screen when the keyboard is slid shut? It will still be connected to the phone and therefore the on-screen keyboard won't pop up.

Pinksteady

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
This actually looks like a well-made bit of kit. Good to see people trying out new uses for iPhones. Not sure about the 'modern' one though, doesn't look that modern to me!

milbournosphere

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2009
San Diego, CA
If by 'Modern' they mean '80s Vivitar Point and Shoot', I guess they nailed it.

VivitarPointNShootPS201-vi.jpg

Last edited:

BC2009

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2009
the comments in this thread stole the words from my mouth. i could not think of how to articulate the many ways in which this accessory is hideous, but my fellow mac rumors commenters have captured all those aspects for me. thank you.

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
the comments in this thread stole the words from my mouth. i could not think of how to articulate the many ways in which this accessory is hideous, but my fellow mac rumors commenters have captured all those aspects for me. thank you.

Its nice when we (nearly) all come together and agree on something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.