Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
this will sell...maybe not to a majority of people but people who see it and his name and automatically purchase it because it is "cool" or "hip"

those are people with lots of money or not a lot and use it on "silly" things.

to me, this is not an ideal product.

I can see someone using this as a camera and suddenly making a call on it and another person (perhaps "lit" up at a rave) going into shock as they see a camera suddenly make a phone call.

castlema

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2003
It is overpriced. The black one does look pretty good and if they are using a quality sensor the ability to use the phone as the camera control is something that there has been interest in for some time. $318 is more than I would pay, but if it were in the $150 range I would consider it.

JCL

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2011
LMAO look at the black version. Looks like a bad 10 year old camera. Even the flash looks like they ripped it off some old pos.

baleensavage

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
On an island in Maine
Make one of these for the iPod touch and I might consider it, despite the fact that it's fugly. Scratch that, that thing is totally and completely horrendous looking, you can either have the awful pimp-daddy bling (or swag as they call it these days) version or the 1990s disposable camera version. Seriously, great idea but God, that white and gold version makes my eyes hurt.

efktd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2011
USA
yeah this isn't for me. or many of us. but all those other 50 million iphone 4S's and 5's that were sold to teenagers is a different story.

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
yeah this isn't for me. or many of us. but all those other 50 million iphone 4S's and 5's that were sold to teenagers is a different story.

Unfortunately your right about that, he will probably make a tidy profit from them.

ChristIsLORD

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2011
The subtle racism and smug willful ignorance of pop culture in these threads is both uncomfortable and annoying. I think the product in black is interesting and shows more of the iPhone's impact on design

apfeljonas

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2012
Germany
Say that to the excellent Nokia PureView which has way more megapixels than any DSLR.

Megapixels don't decide image quality after you have a certain minimum met. An old Samsung Intercept (3.2 MP) I have (buying an iPhone soon) takes much better pictures than my 10 MP Casio camera.

everything-i

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2012
London, UK
The only thing that springs to mind is Why? Why would anyone think that this is a good idea? What was he thinking; come on kids drop £300 on this and you to can make your phone look like a piece of crap.:confused:

Psychj0e

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2010
Megapixels don't decide image quality after you have a certain minimum met. An old Samsung Intercept (3.2 MP) I have (buying an iPhone soon) takes much better pictures than my 10 MP Casio camera.

It does in this instance. Look at how the Nokia TrueView uses them. It doesn't produce a true 41MP image...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.