Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

extricated

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2011
Arkansas
I wonder if it also works as a battery pack? I could see a lot of people ditching their DSLRs for this. Certainly has the right number of megapixels.

Ditching a DSLR for this?
I don't think so.
Looks and functionality aside, I'll entertain the merits of your "megapixels" comment; however, there is so much missing from this (decent flash, multiple lens configurations, etc.) there is no way a serious photographer would replace their SLR with it.

If you were just using extremely dry humor, I retract my rebuttal. :)

Regardless, there's definitely a market for it. I'm just not impressed, especially given the price.

Psychj0e

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2010
Ditching a DSLR for this?
I don't think so.
Looks and functionality aside, I'll entertain the merits of your "megapixels" comment; however, there is so much missing from this (decent flash, multiple lens configurations, etc.) there is no way a serious photographer would replace their SLR with it.

If you were just using extremely dry humor, I retract my rebuttal. :)

Regardless, there's definitely a market for it. I'm just not impressed, especially given the price.

I am jesting about the DSLR comment. Although if it did act as battery pack, and the camera is good (like £299 good) then it's a good idea & then I could imagine people buying it. I'd be interested to know which camera brand provided the gubbins for this.

macnerd93

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2009
United Kingdom
200 quid for this? Jesus, no thanks.

Just bought two Nikkor lenses the 70-300 and the 28-100 for half this for my D90 :) It did come with an F65 SLR and bag full of random accessories too xD.

I can never get use to tiny crappy phone cameras or point n shoot cameras, give me a backpack full of lenses and a DSLR body and I'm all set :). Phones are so poor in low light its laughable.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
I'd buy it...

...if I had a trillion Dollars.
......and a gun to my head. :D

Then as soon as the nasty people with the gun leave sell the damn ugly thing on eBay and make a profit most likely of some sad teenager...

I personally place the ulgy bling version right up there with those gold plated and diamond encrusted iPhones you can buy.

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
I'm going to have to see that thing every time I come to MR now until a new story comes along.

Quick Apple, release some iMac news!

Marcus-k

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2011
It is overpriced. The black one does look pretty good and if they are using a quality sensor the ability to use the phone as the camera control is something that there has been interest in for some time. $318 is more than I would pay, but if it were in the $150 range I would consider it.

They are definitely not using a quality sensor since they're not even using one at all. This is the version without a built in camera, it's just a lense. For 299$ you get a bad plastic keyboard and probably functionless lense. (I wonder how expensive the version with an actual camera in it will be!)

macnerd93

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2009
United Kingdom
if these hipsters ruled the world we'd still be listening to music on vinyl records, forget touch screen phones. Soooo needy, always have to stand out.

Vinyl sounds way better than a CD recording though, has more bass and depth to it. I've got vinyls in my collection 60+ years old Dixeland Jazz Albums etc they play perfectly. I have CD's from 1990 what have basically flaked away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.