Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thedarkhorse

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Canada
I just read that adobe updated photoshop touch to optimize the screen real estate on the ipad mini which makes me wonder what other devs are going to do.

The whole point of the mini screen having the same base-resolution/aspect ratio as the larger ipad was to keep all the apps the same across devices & to get the full tablet experience. But now with adobe starting this are other devs going to make mini specific versions with less info and elements on the screen to keep object sizes relatively the same as on the 9.7" ipad?

Personally I hope not, I can read and use all my apps fine on the mini as-is, and the last thing any mobile OS needs these days is more fragmentation. I think community opinion on this issue should have more impact than apple setting or forcing guidlines to devs, so what does everyone else think?

http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/28/adobe-updates-photoshop-touch-ipad-mini-nexus-7/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.