Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJimrod

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
Yes... One additional year of Apple's Warranty.

Certainly nothing to sneeze at.

Very Good equipment coverage.

If you have an oopy, then you need the plus.

That's AppleCare PLUS - what is AppleCare without the plus -- is it just an additional year of manufacturer warranty?

crees!

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
Has anyone received a shipping notice on their refurb iPhone? My status still says processing - ordered Saturday night.

I ordered a 32GB White and haven't received a shipping notice yet. So basically they're stretching it out so AppleCare+ doesn't apply.

iJimrod

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
I really don't think that they would do that.

But, When I spoke with Apple yesterday. They said that the phone that I had was purchased in September and wasn't registered to me. (According to the phone's serial number).

So these phones (IMO) are AT&T repackaged devices. Not an Apple refurb. Quality wise.

I ordered a 32GB White and haven't received a shipping notice yet. So basically they're stretching it out so AppleCare+ doesn't apply.

pommephone

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2012
That's AppleCare PLUS - what is AppleCare without the plus -- is it just an additional year of manufacturer warranty?
OK- Found a little more info on the "AppleCare Protection Plan". Here is the FAQ page. Here is the iPhone specific info. Note that this is on the Asia site!? The link for iphone from the non-asia FAQ page goes to AppleCare+.

It appears that it doesn't cover accidental damage (as does the AppleCare+) and appears that it would basically give you a year of coverage on a refurbed ATT phone.

FWIW, I added this coverage to a hand-me-down 3G-S on 12/22/10 and the coverage expired 12/22/11.

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Thanks! I didn't think Apple US offered regular AppleCare anymore which was also adding to my confusion. I'll check out the options once I get the phone (which still has not shipped).

pommephone

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2012
Thanks! I didn't think Apple US offered regular AppleCare anymore which was also adding to my confusion. I'll check out the options once I get the phone (which still has not shipped).
I'm a little concerned too since there's nothing online (U.S.) about it, but I have verbal assurance from an AppleCare Rep that it's available. He said you can buy it on itunes, so you might want to check that out.

Jimbo Asprilla

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2009

mook101

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2011
Columbia, MD
I have received the initial email to that states

"Dear KRISTOPHER HAMBLIN,

Thank you for your purchase from the Premier Online Store and your recent enrollment in paperless billing. We're pleased with your choice of AT&T as your wireless service provider. Now that you're enrolled in paperless billing, you'll receive one more paper bill. For future bills, you'll receive a bill-ready notification via email and you can view your bill online, anytime, at att.com.

We estimate your order will be shipped within 2 - 5 business days. We will notify you by email when it has shipped.

All orders are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.

Your order may be subject to AT&T eligibility and credit requirements. If we have any questions about your eligibility or your order, we will contact you via email.

Reference Web Order Number: :: order number :: : iPhone 5 (32GB White) (Refurb)

You can view the status of your order in Premier at any time. "

I received that on Friday about 10-15 minutes after placing the order. Will be patient until Friday (given it does says 2-5 days)

mook101

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2011
Columbia, MD
Still nothing...they got 1 more day!!! Until I do absolutely nothing but complain and moan about how I wish that it said something other that processing...lol

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
Still nothing...they got 1 more day!!! Until I do absolutely nothing but complain and moan about how I wish that it said something other that processing...lol

I'm in the exact same boat! I've been OCDing since Friday at 2:30! I ordered a 16GB black. Really hope they ship soon! They must have been swamped with orders, or they are just slow.

bronxred

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
Bronx
None on the eBay store yet...

I guess it would be pretty hard for them to sell refurbished iPhones through their "new" eBay store, but there's lots of other goodies there...

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I received an email from them this morning that they "needed additional information" to process my order. I called & after waiting 10 minutes got someone who said she had to process the order. That took another 15 minutes of various hold times. I think the issue with mine was that I am shipping the phone to a different address from my billing address. Supposedly the order is now "processed" & will ship in 3 - 5 MORE business days. Good thing I'm not in a hurry for it :).

crees!

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
The non-login order status says processing, but logging into my account there's an additional item stating it'll ship tomorrow via UPS. Bye bye 3GS.

Frag01

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2012
None in stock

According to AT&T Premier Customer Support there are no refurbished phones in either of their warehouses and she had no idea when any more would be arriving. I'm beginning to wonder if AT&T put this deal out to get subscribers/contracts and will fulfill the orders whenever.

I've got an opportunity to pick up a new iPhone tax free on a trip next week and am on the fence deciding whether to cancel the order for the possibly fictional refurb for a sure thing even though the net additional cost will be around $70....

Another consideration is the value of my iPhone4 going down the longer we wind up waiting on the refurbished iPhone 5's....

Frag01

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2012
And the scam continues

As of tonight my order is cancelled and showing backordered with a new order date of 11/29. AT&T strikes again...

iJimrod

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
Just some closure on my AT&T adventure...

Ordered a 16 gig white refurb iPhone 5 on friday. They said it would qualify for Apple Care Plus.

Recieved and activated it on monday. It was an AT&T refurb. Not an Apple refurb.

Called Apple on tuesday morning to check Apple Care Plus eligibility. Not eligible, past 30 day limit.

Returned refurb to AT&T. Purchased a new iPhone 5. Purchased Apple Care Plus.

And, All is Well!!!

Good Luck All, Jim

bhager

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
I ordered a refurbished iphone 5 16gb on the 23rd as well. I think it was around 1pm when I placed the order. Everything is still showing processing today so I called them. She told me that they are backorderd and I am around 1400 on the list to be filled. I was going to cancel my order and she assured me that they would be available in time for Christmas so I am going to wait a couple more weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.