Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gaximus

macrumors 68020
Oct 11, 2011
This is actually really neat.

I wonder if it also works as a battery pack? I could see a lot of people ditching their DSLRs for this. Certainly has the right number of megapixels.

8MP is the most you would ever need, unless your printing out images greater than 8" x 10". Anything more than 8MP is just a waste.

Gomff

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
The phone is ghastly.

But what kind of douche would turn such an observation into a personal attack?

A white middle class casual racist with an ingrained sense of entitlement??

This thread is really showing the true demographic of MacRumors. It's really quite embarrassing.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Oh my god, so much hate and prejudice on macrumors

1. It's not prejudice if one judges on merits and utility. This is a product that adds nothing to the market place. It's a waste of resources.

2. Is it wrong to hate products who's sole purpose is to inflate the ego of a pop star at the expense of the environment. How does this faux camera make anyone's life easier, simpler, better? It's a POS. I hate it yes, but not without good reason. That's different that hating to hate or out of jealousy or wounded ego.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
Red Flag: Chandra Rathakrishnan

Oh my! Just learned that will.i.am teamed with Mr. Chandra Rathakrishnan, the CEO behind the failure called JooJoo tablet, a couple of bankrupt companies and dozen lawsuits...

a B-list rapper and a failed CEO, Not good.

tdream

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2009
The phone is ghastly.

But what kind of douche would turn such an observation into a personal attack?

He should rebrand himself as i.****.you.not

----------

This thread is really showing the true demographic of MacRumors. It's really quite embarrassing.

Lol wrong, but thanks for playing.

chadharris

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
The best part is that I bet there will be $30 chinese knockoffs within about 3 days of its launch

Since it's not available unitl 'early 2013', the chinese knockoffs will probably beat it to market.

And still no one will buy them :)

dainja

macrumors member
May 21, 2009
This is idiotic.

The downfall of the iPhone camera isn't the zoom or the # of megapixels, it's the lens and the size of the sensor (and by size I don't mean # of megapixels, I mean actual size). Neither of which can be fixed with this disgusting add-on...

Considering how bulky this will be, you might as well get one of the newer mirrorless digital cameras.

chambord

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2012
I can't stand the people claiming "racism" simply because a black artist produced a crappy product. The only racist person is the person yelling "RACISM!!"

--

Beyond that, I defended will.i.am for investing his money and trying to come up with something innovative. Unfortunately he failed miserably. Both products are tremendously ugly and are about the stupidest ideas I could possibly imagine.

Jetson

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2003

Well said.

I had the outdated image of Apple/Mac users being cool, visionary hippy people.

Man that's long gone.

Today it's entitled iPhone people who walk around gabbing nonstop on their phones or texting like zombies, oblivious to people they're about to crash into and traffic around them as they arrogantly march into busy intersections without looking.

These are people who have never had an original idea in their heads their whole lives and rush to crush any inventiveness they perceive in others - unless that idea comes from the almighty Apple Inc.

Gomff

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
1. It's not prejudice if one judges on merits and utility. This is a product that adds nothing to the market place. It's a waste of resources.

2. Is it wrong to hate products who's sole purpose is to inflate the ego of a pop star at the expense of the environment. How does this faux camera make anyone's life easier, simpler, better? It's a POS. I hate it yes, but not without good reason. That's different that hating to hate or out of jealousy or wounded ego.

Criticize the product all you like....I've seen the interview on Engadget and personally it's not for me...But that's not the issue. It's the personal attacks and the mentality reminiscent of a pack of hyenas tearing away at a downed antelope.....Do you really want to be part of that?

I'm quite disgusted at what I've seen in this and the other thread. There's some seriously questionable vitriol at work here and it's just coming across as a load of entitled rich white kids piling in.

Sardonick007

macrumors regular
May 18, 2011
I like the idea, and the coolness factor of a dock camera, but with all the quality DSLR's out today, this pricepoint better come WAY down before this is anything aside from novel fodder to the BEP fans. Also, no way I'm sporting a device with I AM on the front of it, don't care how much better it makes my camera phone. Finally, for the size of the thing, I can't see this much more than just another attempt by a celebrity at separating a fan from their money, and clearly not a very well thought out attempt at that.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
Almost 400 downvote posts and counting.

So, if MR is any representation of what will happen next, I'd say

Will.B.Out

his investment and any $$ spent.

Remarket as pet rocks?

Sardonick007

macrumors regular
May 18, 2011
You dock you phone into our device and it turns you smartphone into a genius-phone.

All you iphone are belong to us.

Sayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2002
Austin, TX
The subtle racism and smug willful ignorance of pop culture in these threads is both uncomfortable and annoying. I think the product in black is interesting and shows more of the iPhone's impact on design

What in the holy hell are you talking about?

Subtle racism? Because people see a crappy, severely overpriced and needlessly hyped iPhone accessory and point it out? I'm sorry, I didn't receive my monthly book of racial codewords and dog whistles from the RNC so I must have missed something /s.

How does some retro throwback camera phone case show the iPhone's impact on design *at all* exactly? This thing makes the iPhone utterly invisible and useless as a, you know, personal communicator, internet device, iPod.

Gomff

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
I can't stand the people claiming "racism" simply because a black artist produced a crappy product. The only racist person is the person yelling "RACISM!!"

--

Beyond that, I defended will.i.am for investing his money and trying to come up with something innovative. Unfortunately he failed miserably. Both products are tremendously ugly and are about the stupidest ideas I could possibly imagine.

Check out all the personal attacks....What have they got to do with the product? Explain the nasty zeal to me....I've not seen anything like it.

Truffy

macrumors 6502a
iam_plus_vintage_front.jpg

Now that s not too unattractive, if the performance could match the promise.

But you have to remember that behind that 'lens' lies the iPhoney pinhole camera. The image quality is always gonna suck.

Hey, Bill, stop tying to make a silk purse outta pig's ear. You got away with Fergie. Just quit while you're ahead, yo! (or whatever)

Gomff

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
Well said.

I had the outdated image of Apple/Mac users being cool, visionary hippy people.

Man that's long gone.

Today it's entitled iPhone people who walk around gabbing nonstop on their phones or texting like zombies, oblivious to people they're about to crash into and traffic around them as they arrogantly march into busy intersections without looking.

These are people who have never had an original idea in their heads their whole lives and rush to crush any inventiveness they perceive in others - unless that idea comes from the almighty Apple Inc.

Amen brother. Welcome to the Apple Consumer Plantation. Kindly plug in these nice white earbuds and leave your individuality at the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.