Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

No Regrets

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
I've been using the BodyGuardz Pure Glass screen protector on my iPhone 5 and absolutely love it.

I just got off the phone with BodyGuardz customer service and at this time they have no plans on offering this product for the new iPad Mini. Their reasoning is that they feel the price they would have to charge would be higher than what the average consumer would be willing to pay. I am very disappointed in this news as I think the Pure Glass is a great product.

Does anyone know of any alternatives that would give the same satisfaction that the Pure Glass does?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
Spigen did have a Glas.t for the iPad Mini for pre-order but I remember reading that they put it on hold in the mean time to do more testing.

Other than that, I don't see anyone else even attempting to do a tempered glass screen protector for the iPad Mini.

No Regrets

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
Spigen did have a Glas.t for the iPad Mini for pre-order but I remember reading that they put it on hold in the mean time to do more testing.

Other than that, I don't see anyone else even attempting to do a tempered glass screen protector for the iPad Mini.

Okay, thanks for the info. If you or anyone happen to come across anything like this, please let us all know.

Thanks much!!!

BodyGuardz.

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
Midwest USA
I've been using the BodyGuardz Pure Glass screen protector on my iPhone 5 and absolutely love it.

I just got off the phone with BodyGuardz customer service and at this time they have no plans on offering this product for the new iPad Mini. Their reasoning is that they feel the price they would have to charge would be higher than what the average consumer would be willing to pay. I am very disappointed in this news as I think the Pure Glass is a great product.

Does anyone know of any alternatives that would give the same satisfaction that the Pure Glass does?

FYI - Due to overwhelming demand, BodyGuardz Pure for the iPad & iPad mini will be available in the very near future. Stay tuned for a big announcement this week!

daisyflory

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2013

There are two iPad Mini screen protectors been talked a lot and both are enjoy good reputation for your reference:

SGP Glas:
http://dev.spigen.com/ipad-mini-screen-protector-glas-t-premium-tempered-glass.html

Imuse Glass Protector:
http://www.vanberry.com/temper-glass-screen-protector-for-ipad-mini-black.html

dcleveland

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2013
Question about BodyGuardz

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I'm looking for an iPhone 5 case and have a question about the BodyGuardz Pure Glass screen protector.
Is it hard to put on and does it create any bubbles like a lot of screen protecters do?

Dgail

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2011
Mt. Hood to Puget Sound
Bubbles

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I'm looking for an iPhone 5 case and have a question about the BodyGuardz Pure Glass screen protector.
Is it hard to put on and does it create any bubbles like a lot of screen protecters do?

The tempered glass protectors are very stiff. With iPhone protector, you will need to handle it by the edge and place on the screen, it will move around a little bit so it can be aligned to the landmarks on the screen. I used one of the little suction cups supplied for the mini to place it. They also send you an alcohol swab to clean off the oils and fingerprints off the naked glass and provide a microfiber cloth to dry it off. This significantly removes tiny dust particles off the screen. If you do get a dust particle under the screen, they supply paper stickers that act like tape to remove the specs off either the adhesive side of the screen protector or the screen itself.

Once you have placed the screen protector, just press with your finger in the middle and the adhesive will "migrate" to the edges and voila, no bubbles! There are some good installation videos on their website too. Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.