Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
I'm posting the four pictures in order...I applied for a job with Apple a while ago and they recently contacted me again about working there.

1) I get this email...I thought the email address looked weird.
Screen Shot 2012-11-27 at 12.57.51 AM.png
2) It takes me to this link...I circled it in red...notice the "Lock" in the address bar for security.
Screen Shot 2012-11-27 at 12.58.06 AM.png
3) After I type my info in this "Error" page comes up (I fear that I just gave all my Apple login/info away)
Screen Shot 2012-11-27 at 12.58.29 AM.png
4) But when I go to log back in the same weird address comes up...
Screen Shot 2012-11-27 at 12.58.41 AM.png

Is IDMSA.apple.com real?

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
It's a job application site for Apple. I think you're fine man. You seem a little jumpy to be trying to apply to work for a computer company.

negativzero

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2011
That "lock" on the address bar shows that the connection is encrypted. You need to click on it to see who the certificate is issued by. If its from "verisign" or "Apple Inc." it checks out good and its a legit site.

SirithX

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2007
San Francisco
Definitely fishy... in the first pic the Apple logo is squished and they misspelled "our" to "out." It's very possible they send you to their lookalike phishing page where you enter your info, and then when you press enter it redirects you to Apple's actual "unable to log in" page. But they would also have to have a spoofed certificate as well, either that or there's a security hole in your safari where they can spoof security codes as well. I don't mean to be a fear monger, but particularly that first screen and the fact that your info didn't go through are clear signs of a phishing scam.

EDIT: The idmsa.apple.com site is real, links directly from Apple's site here: http://www.apple.com/jobs/ so if that's the site that the original email directed you to, then perhaps we're jumping the gun a little bit. But make sure there's no extra addresses in the domain, it shouldn't have anything before the "https://idmsa.apple.com".

Last edited:

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
Quick guys, let's charge all our stuff to his account when he's not looking!

Sure hope if he gets the job it includes training :)

ctyrider

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2012
I get this email...I thought the email address looked weird.
[
4) But when I go to log back in the same weird address comes up...
View attachment 379918

Is IDMSA.apple.com real?

OMG.. Long URL.. They are out to get me! Someone who doesn't understand the basics of web browsers and site certificates. I think applying for Best Buy geek squad job might be more up your alley :rolleyes:

laudern

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
I think I did see apple advertising for cleaners a while a go. Congrats on the maintenance job!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.