Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
I wasn't charged tax when I bought the Galaxy Nexus or the Nexus 4. Does Google have stores in certain states so they have to charge sales tax for some states and not for others?

I'm not sure what states google has nexus in, but I did want to use nexus in a sentence without meaning Nexus, the product. :D

Michael

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
Need to know who took these pic (forgot)

guty9uqy.jpg

Been using it a lot these days and the usual people just dont know what to say when i post it :eek:

Need to say thanks to these person !

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland

Been using it a lot these days and the usual people just dont know what to say when i post it :eek:

I think it was one of the English MR members but can't remember who.

Edit: did a google search on that pic and this post came up. I think it's daveathall but the image in his post isn't working so I'm not 100% sure.

I just don't think that the S3 is as massive as people like to think.

iPhone 5 on top of S3.

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire

No need, I'm glad you can use it, I just got a bit weary of the "it's massive" comments regarding the S3 and thought I would take a snap of them both to try and dispel the myth, some still don't believe it even with photographic evidence though.:D

I deleted it from my photo bucket when I was cleaning up, glad it's of use though.

towg

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2012
Cardiff
I just got one today. Didnt expect to be able to pick one up but popped into CW for a browse and they were in stock. Complete rip off at 389 quid for the 16GB but I part exed my s3 there and then.

I loved the S3 but the build quality was below par and it didnt feel comfortable in my hand. For a £500 product it didnt exude the class of the iPhone.

Anyways the biggest difference is the display. After swapping from a Samsung you realise how over saturated they are. Probably in an effort to make them seem as if they have more clarity and detail.

I'm also a bit confused as to why the Nexus seems slower and has lower GB results when I thought it had a better processor.

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
Notice any difference?

No, to be honest, from what I can gather it rectified a couple of bugs (no December birthdays) I am usually wary on updates, they IMHO always seem to outweigh the benefits by ruining the battery life. I must admit my N4 has excellent bty life, I will keep my eye on it and report back.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
No, to be honest, from what I can gather it rectified a couple of bugs (no December birthdays) I am usually wary on updates, they IMHO always seem to outweigh the benefits by ruining the battery life. I must admit my N4 has excellent bty life, I will keep my eye on it and report back.

Yes these update is to fix the december bug and nothing more.

Tomorrow my nexus 4 is delivered to my mailbox and i should have it in my hands by friday night or saturday !

Very excited :)

towg

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2012
Cardiff
These are taken straight from the phone with no adjustment, uploaded to photobucket using their app just now.

Dull, rainy day outside.

I took this one with a 4S and messed around in Adobe Lightroom.

Lovely. Did you take that with the HDR function on the Nexus?

----------

It's an entry level phone, get over it. $300, no LTE and 8GB of storage (up to 16GB for the more expensive model).

No its not. This is an entry level phone:

samsung_e1200_10.jpg

Don't let the high tech GUI and classy exterior fool you - its a piece of ****. I know because I own one :D

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
FYI. I'm not sure anyone but me was struggling with this.

In order to get an exchange calendar to show up you cannot just add the account via settings like you can the Google calendar. You have to go through the calendar app and go to settings and add that same exchange account that you already have setup for email. Then it will show up. Weird. Google should fix that one. Like is said FYI

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Good news: Google Chrome being updated soon..
http://www.androidcentral.com/chrome-android-updated

"it will bring mobile Chrome version numbers up to speed with desktop versions by early next year."

I'm stuck using Chrome because the AOSP browser is too buggy probably because we haven't been using the official gapps which were released today. Hopefully AOSP browser will work better now.

Edit: forgot to mention I'm on a custom ROM (AOKP) :D

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
I think he was talking about Chrome for Android.:)

Yeah but these are two unrelated stories :)

His it's talking about bringing the chrome browser on android together with the chrome browser on the computer in a product release cycle by next year. I was talking about the update that came out today with bug and performance enhancements.

dalbir4444

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah but these are two unrelated stories :)

His it's talking about bringing the chrome browser on android together with the chrome browser on the computer in a product release cycle by next year. I was talking about the update that came out today with bug and performance enhancements.

I believe it's talking about both in conjunction:

Chrome for Android has been updated to fix some stability issues, says Google.

This news comes on the back of Google’s announcement last week on their Google+ page that it will bring mobile Chrome version numbers up to speed with desktop versions by early next year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.