Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sou1 so1di3r

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
Denver, CO
So I bought this ringtone for my phone on iTunes a few weeks ago.

Not sure what happened but somehow it is not there anymore.......

is there a way I can redownload it? WHen I go through 'iTunes' app on my phone... i see the history and see it there, but it says $1.29... I don't want to pay again

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
honestly i couldnt figure this out too a while back.. luckily i had synced the purchased ringtone to my computer so it was on that.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
great. I can't even remember the last time i plugged my iphone into my mac

----------

are you sure? even though it says....... $1.29?? :eek:

Yes, it does the same with some apps too but then when you try to purchase it again it finds that its already paid for prior.
Just make sure you did buy it before and its the same exact ringtone, not another version.
You dont have to ever pay for any apps, ringtones or music you bought before to download them again. You can download them using the same apple ID for free.

sou1 so1di3r

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
Denver, CO
it says "you have purchased this item already, would you like to buy it again"

I don't want to buy it again.

----------

If I choose BUY I'm going to assume that means it will charge me.

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
I had this same problem. I called AppleCare and they were clueless as to how to download a ringtone again. The guy thought it was possible, but didn't know how. I sent an email off to iTunes support, and they were able to fix the issue.
They can "repost" the ringtone to your account. The device that originally purchased the ringtone will automatically download it again. Also the ringtone will then appear on your computer. Just send them an email with the original transaction ID and what you would like them to do.

sou1 so1di3r

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
Denver, CO
I had this same problem. I called AppleCare and they were clueless as to how to download a ringtone again. The guy thought it was possible, but didn't know how. I sent an email off to iTunes support, and they were able to fix the issue.
They can "repost" the ringtone to your account. The device that originally purchased the ringtone will automatically download it again. Also the ringtone will then appear on your computer. Just send them an email with the original transaction ID and what you would like them to do.

thanks dave (dmb?)

I'll try this. keep blazin':D

smitty303

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2012
Colorado

Apple refused to do this for me, citing their terms and conditions. But, I hope you have better luck.

sou1 so1di3r

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
Denver, CO

This is the exact same issue I am having...

Apple refused to do this for me, citing their terms and conditions. But, I hope you have better luck.

I emailed iTunes support with my order number and explained. Had a reply back within an hour and got my download.

That was easy!

smitty303

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2012
Colorado
I emailed iTunes support with my order number and explained. Had a reply back within an hour and got my download.

That was easy!

Maybe I should try again. I "reported a problem" through the download history in my iTunes account. What is the email address for iTunes support that you used? Also, can you share the email so I can try to use the same wording. I really don't want to pay for the ringtones again. Maybe I can get a more sympathetic person next time.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Maybe I should try again. I "reported a problem" through the download history in my iTunes account. What is the email address for iTunes support that you used? Also, can you share the email so I can try to use the same wording. I really don't want to pay for the ringtones again. Maybe I can get a more sympathetic person next time.

You shouldn't have to pay again for the same download IMO.
Hope they help you out and get it resolved.

sou1 so1di3r

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
Denver, CO

I went through apple.com support / iTunes and filled out the email form there. There is not a specific email address you send it to, its filled out on the webpage

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.