Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
You know what's great, my iTunes has been freezing on my non stop for the last few hours, have to force quit is every time. And this has NEVER happened before

so when is iTunes 11 coming out again?

ekrueger24

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
London, UK
My money is on that there are no bugs with the software itself, but rather the big red "GO" button that is used to make the update go live. Poor folks at Apple working all month to fix that bloody button ;)

kidintown

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
i guess the apple servers will go on their knees tomorrow when we all try to download that ****!

----------

i'm hoping for a very snappy and light version..my iTunes is really slow!

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
This has been happening to me for the last two months too. So it's one of the main reasons I'm really eager for the update.

Can't remember iTunes ever freezing on me, or crashing for that matter. I'll happily stay with the current version if the new one isn't to my taste.

SimpleLove

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2012
It's been delayed once, not twice.

Also, I hope none of y'all play video games. Games get delayed ALL the time. Some get cancelled. Some just mysteriously disappear. Y'all would die.

Comparing a video game that a few thousand, if that, may purchase, to iTunes, a piece of software that MILLIONS around the world depend and shop on EVERY MINUTE OF A DAY is a super weak comparison. iTunes being delayed is a huge deal. Hundreds of thousands around the world are annoyed. No doubt.

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
iTunes, a piece of software that MILLIONS around the world depend and shop on EVERY MINUTE OF A DAY [...] Hundreds of thousands around the world are annoyed. No doubt.
Yeah. Too bad iTunes 10 just suddenly stopped working 28 days ago. :(

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Comparing a video game that a few thousand, if that, may purchase, to iTunes, a piece of software that MILLIONS around the world depend and shop on EVERY MINUTE OF A DAY is a super weak comparison. iTunes being delayed is a huge deal. Hundreds of thousands around the world are annoyed. No doubt.
I can tell you're not a gamer as you have the idea that games only sell in the thousands.

kidintown

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
Has iTunes Match been worth it for you? I've been debating between that and Spotify.

----------

Morning/afternoon probably, Cupertino time.

absolutely worthied..it's sometimes (like now) having some issues but it's great. don't like spotify..wanna own my music in my itunes...stream it everywhere..it's great!

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
absolutely worthied..it's sometimes (like now) having some issues but it's great. don't like spotify..wanna own my music in my itunes...stream it everywhere..it's great!

The only thing holding me back is Spotify's price. $10 a month is a lot but unlimited music without ads on my iMac and iPhone is tempting. Their catalog is pretty amazing.

I have a ton of music 172 GB (mostly lossless and a lot of live stuff) so I'm not sure if Match is what I'm after. Can you stream your library on your iPhone without having to download the files locally?

kidintown

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
The only thing holding me back is Spotify's price. $10 a month is a lot but unlimited music without ads on my iMac and iPhone is tempting. Their catalog is pretty amazing.

I have a ton of music 172 GB (mostly lossless and a lot of live stuff) so I'm not sure if Match is what I'm after. Can you stream your library on your iPhone without having to download the files locally?

well, i wanna be honest: most albums, i just download as torrents and upload them in itunes and update the quality on itunes plus for free, as i'm a itunes match costumer..when i adore and love some specific records, i download them in itunes or buy a physical copy...and yes, i can stream everything. have a 16gb iphone, 7gb of apps the rest is photos and videos..no music because i'm streaming all without downloading!

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
well, i wanna be honest: most albums, i just download as torrents and upload them in itunes and update the quality on itunes plus for free, as i'm a itunes match costumer..when i adore and love some specific records, i download them in itunes or buy a physical copy...and yes, i can stream everything. have a 16gb iphone, 7gb of apps the rest is photos and videos..no music because i'm streaming all without downloading!

Torrent away, but if you really like them or appreciate what a band is doing, go see them live and buy some merch. That's where artists make their money.

iTunes Match's price is what is tempting to me. When I'm out and about sometimes a song isn't on my iPhone I want to listen to that's at home, this would solve that problem for me quite well.

kidintown

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
Torrent away, but if you really like them or appreciate what a band is doing, go see them live and buy some merch. That's where artists make their money.

iTunes Match's price is what is tempting to me. When I'm out and about sometimes a song isn't on my iPhone I want to listen to that's at home, this would solve that problem for me quite well.

yes, you can stream it all over itunes match and i'm not using lte because it's not available at my carrier in my country but 3g is like pretty insane fast with streaming. i just wait for just like 2-3 seconds till the song starts playing!

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
yes, you can stream it all over itunes match and i'm not using lte because it's not available at my carrier in my country but 3g is like pretty insane fast with streaming. i just wait for just like 2-3 seconds till the song starts playing!

Nice, LTE is around here. It's spotty but pretty decent if you're driving around. I've been getting around 30 Mbps down/15 Mbps up.

AppleMooseMan

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2012
A lot of people like to claim these delays would have never happened under Steve.
These people seem to have a very lousy memory.
Do you forget the first version of OS X, and OS X Leopard.
Releasing unfinished software is never a sensible idea; and I'd think this is empathised even more so by the maps debacle.
Sometimes deadlines aren't met, and as frustrating as that is it doesn't mean you should neglect the experience of the product.
Customers were frustrated with the delay of Leopard but I remember the level of excitement when it was released due to the pleasurable experience.
I'd rather wait and be blown away than impatient and experience a buggy piece of crap. As the saying goes "you can't rush art"
Lets hope our patience pays off tomorrow.
Goodnight everyone.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA

Well in Brandons defense, announcing in April that what you have planned for in June isn't going to happen is not quite the same thing as waiting until the day of the release to state its not going to happen.

I too would rather it work when they release it instead of them releasing it THEN waiting more months waiting for a patch to fix some BS issue.

myxomatosis

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2012
Montréal
Am I crazy? I think the iPhone/iPad/iPod syncing tool should be integrated in MacOS directly.

iTunes should only be a media player/organizer/store, that’s it.

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
Am I crazy? I think the iPhone/iPad/iPod syncing tool should be integrated in MacOS directly.

iTunes should only be a media player/organizer/store, that’s it.

I agree and I also would like to see iTunes split up into separate Music, Movies, Books and Podcast apps similar to on the iPhone.

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
Well in Brandons defense, announcing in April that what you have planned for in June isn't going to happen is not quite the same thing as waiting until the day of the release to state its not going to happen.

I too would rather it work when they release it instead of them releasing it THEN waiting more months waiting for a patch to fix some BS issue.

In Apple's defense, it's quite possible that they were working on a fix to a bug that cropped up late in development, and they believed that the fix would pan out, only to have it fail and come to the conclusion that some whole module needed to be rewritten. In short, as of the 28th or 29th, they may have believed that they could still make the 31st deadline, only to have their efforts fail. So, you announce a delay when you are pretty certain that you're not going to meet it, not if you think that you might miss it. That's just good PR. And we just don't know when they became certain that it the problem that they were dealing with was too big to finish in time.

And then run 4+ separate apps just to sync my phone? No thanks.

Uh, no. Do you run iPhoto to sync the photos from your iPhoto library? Nope. You'd have one app that would handle syncing, but it would have access to the libraries from iPhoto, iTunes, iBooks, iFilms, etc. To me, this is a sensible move, though I'd keep audiobooks, podcasts and music all in iTunes. Thus you'd have an app for audio (iTunes), an app for photos (iPhoto), an app for movies and TV shows (iFilms, or whatever you want to call it), and an app for reading material (iBooks, or, perhaps, iBookShelf, which could include emagazines, too).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.