Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
"As soon as..."

So basically they are saying it'll either come out tomorrow, or if not, then some other day. :rolleyes: haha Great wording.

AppleMooseMan

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2012
Some people seem to be under the assumption these delays would have never happened under Steve.
These people seem to have a very lousy memory.
Do you forget the first version of OS X, and OS X Leopard?
Releasing unfinished software is never a sensible idea; and I'd think this is empathised even more so by the maps debacle.
Sometimes deadlines aren't met, and as frustrating as that is it doesn't mean you should neglect the experience of the product.
Customers were frustrated with the delay of Leopard but I remember the level of excitement when it was released due to the pleasurable experience.
I'd rather wait and be blown away than impatient and experience a buggy piece of crap. As the saying goes "you can't rush art"
Lets hope our patience pays off tomorrow.

joesegh

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
Just let me stream my iTunes library to my iPhone/iPad (outside of my Wi-Fi network) and I'll be a happy camper!

EDIT - I mean my TV shows and movies :) ... and yes, I know there're 3rd party solutions for this.

Get a NAS, bro.

coocooforcocoap

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
kathmandu, nepal
A few things I hope does not break...

Bad feeling about this... I am hoping they don't break the api for other apps to access playlists, like Syncmate and Plex. That would be bad for me :eek:

Rot'nApple

macrumors 65816
Dec 27, 2006
I DID build that!
Remember Eddy, label it 'BETA' so if it is compromised quality that makes the round of the blogs and rumor sites, you won't have to fire yourself! :D
/
/
/

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
hopefully it's not even more bloated.

for how clean and crisp they can make iOS, why the heck is iTunes such a sloppy piece of software?

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
The current iTunes is ugly and archaic, barely changed for many years

This refresh is sorely welcome

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I'm surprised more people aren't talking about the Spotify/Pandora like music streaming that this version MAY have. I'm looking forward to this the most. Being able to put in a few artists that I like, make a station, and just stream music all day while at work. Hopefully this won't be excessive in cost.

shurcooL

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
I don't know why, but I'm really excited for this update. Can't wait! Even though it's just iTunes! Omg!

phewf

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
...but the most important question of the all is: will iTunes have a new dock icon? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
I'm surprised more people aren't talking about the Spotify/Pandora like music streaming that this version MAY have.

Probably because there is no evidence whatsoever that it actually exists. A feature like this would almost certainly warrant a presentation - none has happened nor has been rumored.

It was just a wild rumor and nothing more.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Probably because there is no evidence whatsoever that it actually exists. A feature like this would almost certainly warrant a presentation - none has happened nor has been rumored.

It was just a wild rumor and nothing more.

Doh! Totally destroyed my hopes and dreams. :( lol.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
I'm looking forward to Ping being removed and whatever little enhancing Apple does, but iTunes updates are notorious for mostly updating the system requirements. I'm going to be upset if this doesn't work in Snow Leopard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.