Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhiladelphiaX

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
How much would a brand new factory unlocked iPhone 4S cost me?

I'd also like to know: if I purchase a factory unlocked iPhone 4S and utilize T-Mobile's HSPA+ network, would I be able to access other carrier's networks in the future with that factory unlocked device?

For example, I purchase a factory unlocked iPhone 4S, use it for a year with T-Mobile, but then switch carriers (ATT, VZ, SPRNT) would that device be compatible with the other carrier's networks as well? Or would I only be able to tap into their networks with their specific phones they offer via contract?

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
You wouldn't be able to use it on any CDMA network, such as Sprint or VZW, but AT&T, Straight Talk, and other GSM networks will work.

SunnyRenegade33

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2012
Apple has it, EVERYDAY. 16GB $549. It states it can only be used on GSM.

Aren't there cheaper prices than what Apple sells factory unlocks for, though? I don't know anyone who buys directly from Apple for factory unlocked devices since they're so overpriced.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Aren't there cheaper prices than what Apple sells factory unlocks for, though? I don't know anyone who buys directly from Apple for factory unlocked devices since they're so overpriced.

If u find it u let me know because I've been looking.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

You dont know anyone that buys from apple?
No such thing as cheaper.
The only way you will find it cheaper is if its sold as refurbished or if you buy one used.
If you want a brand new 16GB 4S full price its $550 plus tax.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.