Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
i wonder if it will run on my iMac 2006 iMac :rolleyes:

It most likely will. I used to have an '06 iMac... great machine, but the NVIDIA GPU was faulty and broke along with other iMac NVIDIA GPUs. And then I couldn't replace it because it was buried inside the computer. :mad:

ls1dreams

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2009
As much as I hate the current version of iTunes (terribly confusing), I'm pretty scared to see what they release next.

dkouts

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2009
Considering what I want iTunes to be, it shouldn't even be called iTunes.

It should be called iCanSeeATidyListOfEverythingOnMyDeviceLikeAFileBrowser

MartiNZ

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
REALLY hoping they have a "Metro" version! But yeah, "as soon as" for most confused statement of the day :D.

----------

Considering what I want iTunes to be, it shouldn't even be called iTunes.

It should be called iCanSeeATidyListOfEverythingOnMyDeviceLikeAFileBrowser

Perhaps finally a use for what Safari should have been called? iBrowse.

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
Apple wouldn't want to cut off their revenue from the digital purchases on the iTunes Store like that. I think it will run only on Intel, 10.5.8 or later.

I think you mean 10.6.8 or later.

It's not like iTunes 10.7 still suddenly stop working on older machines, I highly doubt Snow Leopard will be supported. Lion or later, me thinks.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
REALLY hoping they have a "Metro" version! But yeah, "as soon as" for most confused statement of the day :D.

----------

Perhaps finally a use for what Safari should have been called? iBrowse.

Apple making a metro app?

Lol

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
sync playlists over icloud please!

I thought it already did this? I could've sworn I created a new playlist in iTunes yesterday and without doing any kind of manual sync (as far as I remember), I noticed the playlist was on my iPhone last night.

Yevhen

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
I think you mean 10.6.8 or later.

It's not like iTunes 10.7 still suddenly stop working on older machines, I highly doubt Snow Leopard will be supported. Lion or later, me thinks.

Yes, I meant Snow Leopard. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Snow Leopard is still such a capable OS and it would be a shame if it couldn't run the latest version of iTunes.

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
... I highly doubt Snow Leopard will be supported. Lion or later, me thinks.

...Which would royally suck for a significant number of us SL users. As earlier stated, 10.7 would still "work," but wouldn't get updates, making purchases of new iOS device models a no-go. I could see Apple "sunsetting" iTunes on Leopard easier than on SL.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
...Which would royally suck for a significant number of us SL users. As earlier stated, 10.7 would still "work," but wouldn't get updates, making purchases of new iOS device models a no-go. I could see Apple "sunsetting" iTunes on Leopard easier than on SL.

then just upgrade your damn OS, sheesh

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Let us not forget that Apple announced the delay for iTunes 11 a day before the month of October ended.

Who's to say that they won't do that again? They have every right to

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.