Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josep Sam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2012
Hi,
Just moved from PC to Mac (OS X Lion). I'm trying to install the icc profiles I need with my old Epson Stylus Pro 7600. I downloaded them from Epson site and when I try to extract the .sea file this dialog comes: "The data couldn’t be read because it has been corrupted". It happens the same with the four different profiles I'm trying to install. Any suggestions on what's happening? Many thanks!

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Your .sea file is a Stuffit Self-Extracting Archive. These self-extract only under MacOS 9.2 or earlier versions of MacOS. To unstuff your file on Lion, you have at least two options. Either Stuffit Expander, Stuffit MagicMenu, or the Unarchiver will work like a charm.

Josep Sam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2012
Thanks MisterMe. I tried the Stufflt Expander and the corrupt dialog still appears. I tried the Unachiver and it does like it is extracting but no file shows on the folder of destination. Weird. Any other idea? Thanks anyway.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Thanks MisterMe. I tried the Stufflt Expander and the corrupt dialog still appears. I tried the Unachiver and it does like it is extracting but no file shows on the folder of destination. Weird. Any other idea? Thanks anyway.
I can report without equivocation that your .sea file can be un-Stuffed using the Unarchiver. However, it seems to totally confuse Stuffit Deluxe. As of this writing, I have not managed to trick either Stuffit MagicMenu or Stuffit Expander to recognize the .sea as a Stuffit archive. This may be due to the fact that the archive is a customized Epson .sea. However, the only thing that is customized is the flash screen. I found that the .sea will self-unStuff in Classic if I ensured that it has the extension .app. The .sea extension is optional. Futzing with the extension does not confuse the Unarchiver.

Josep Sam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2012
I can report without equivocation that your .sea file can be un-Stuffed using the Unarchiver. However, it seems to totally confuse Stuffit Deluxe. As of this writing, I have not managed to trick either Stuffit MagicMenu or Stuffit Expander to recognize the .sea as a Stuffit archive. This may be due to the fact that the archive is a customized Epson .sea. However, the only thing that is customized is the flash screen. I found that the .sea will self-unStuff in Classic if I ensured that it has the extension .app. The .sea extension is optional. Futzing with the extension does not confuse the Unarchiver.

Thanks again, I appreciate.

pjmcardle

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012

I have tried but no file appears with the profile, even after changing the extension. I tried all that is stated here. Help.

dave.64

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
I have also tried to download and install these epson profiles. As with you they do not open, and have the same error message you encountered. The .sea is an ancient file as can be seen by the icon.
If you have or know of someone running older Mac OS i.e OS 9 or OS X that can still run classic you might be OK and then copy the profile to your colorsync library. Alternatively you may want to go to the manufacturer of the paper media you are using to see if they have profiles for the printer/ink paper media you are using, these will probably be more accurate than any 'generic' printer profiles.

Good Luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.