Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jason Garza

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
3.5 mm male to male cable with track & volume control, does anyone know if this exist and if so where can I buy one? I have googled but found nothing. Thanks

----------

Noticed I posted this in the wrong forum can you please move?

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
Does anyone know if the mic works when connected to a stereo (I assume it would). This would make a nice impromptu hands free kit for most head units with a line in jack methinks...

I'm in for one, never knew they existed.

Thanks OP and responder =)!

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
The cable for the Bose AE2i headphones looks about the same. Notice on the both the Beats and Bose cables, the "L" needs to be plugged into the phone. The two connectors are not the same.

To the OP, I assume you're talking about using this with the iPhone, right? The cables aren't going to work with other devices.

Jason Garza

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
Yea with my iPhone and car stereo figured it would make it really easy to change songs.

jeremiah239

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2007
239 Area, FL
Does anyone know if the mic works when connected to a stereo (I assume it would). This would make a nice impromptu hands free kit for most head units with a line in jack methinks...

I'm in for one, never knew they existed.

Thanks OP and responder =)!

Yes it does work

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
The cable for the Bose AE2i headphones looks about the same. Notice on the both the Beats and Bose cables, the "L" needs to be plugged into the phone. The two connectors are not the same.

To the OP, I assume you're talking about using this with the iPhone, right? The cables aren't going to work with other devices.

That isn't true. I use this setup in my car.

Now I do use the L-shape plugged into my phone so I can't comment on if it's restricted to that order other but I can confirm the cord in fact does work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.