Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Original poster
May 8, 2008
I've enjoyed the posts by the new writers/ editors/ contributors; Juli Clover and Husain Sumra.

It took me until yesterday to notice that there were new editors. IMO, their style has blended in perfectly with MR.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
I've enjoyed the posts by the new writers/ editors/ contributors; Juli Clover and Husain Sumra.

It took me until yesterday to notice that there were new editors. IMO, their style has blended in perfectly with MR.

So far, I agree.

Also, in terms of new stuff, I like the 5-full, > 5-truncated article change on the main page. I imagine it'll help with page-loading times.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Thanks for the feedback, guys. We're working closely with them to help get them up to speed on how things work around here, and they'll be a big help in filling in gaps in our coverage.

We're continuing to tweak the new "excerpt" format for the front page...currently configured to show full versions of all articles from the last ~24 hours, with a minimum of three full text articles just to help keep us covered on weekends and stuff when things are slow.

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ

I had been looking for a thread to welcome the new writers.

Welcome!

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
We're continuing to tweak the new "excerpt" format for the front page...currently configured to show full versions of all articles from the last ~24 hours, with a minimum of three full text articles just to help keep us covered on weekends and stuff when things are slow.

Ah, I see, it's the last ~24 hours and not necessarily limited to the most recent 5 articles. Cool, I dig it.

Also, I'll just add that in the hotly debated contest that has captivated the country and even beyond its shores, Juli is winning so far. :D ;)

Kidding...

Seriously though, I'm likin' what I'm readin' so well done and keep it up, both of yous!

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Thus far it seems they a good new addition to the team!

Will we be seeing some more articles posted during the weekend now?

Original poster
May 8, 2008
I've just now noted the addition Ben Lovejoy.

Again, I think his style has blended perfectly with MR. It obviously took me a while to notice his addition. :p

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
I've just now noted the addition Ben Lovejoy.

Again, I think his style has blended perfectly with MR. It obviously took me a while to notice his addition. :p

Ditto (noticed him last week). Thumbs up to all!

EDIT: in fact, here you go:
icon14.gif
<- this makes praise legitimate

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.