Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With Apple said to be launching its revamped iTunes 11 "as soon as" today as the company rushes to meet its already-postponed goal of a November release, 9to5Mac reports that AppleCare support representatives are currently being seeded with prerelease versions of the new software.
It is unclear if these builds point to a release today, as the WSJ predicted, and if they are the final versions. Either way, with AppleCare employees getting their hands on the new app, we're expecting a launch soon.
newitunes2.jpg
The new iTunes brings a substantial overhaul, including a revamped player, a redesigned store based on the layout currently seen in on iOS devices, and new iCloud features for streaming media and syncing progress.

Article Link: AppleCare Representatives Receiving Prerelease Builds of iTunes 11 Ahead of Public Launch

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
It has to come out today or tomorrow, or they are "lying"

That said, I would rather have a polished version of iTunes, and not have it come with the bloat and slowness that the current iTunes has.

JoEw

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2009
Being a programmer, I hate seeing software getting rushed out. But I am excited for the new iTunes! Hoping all the major bugs have gotten squashed.

slrandall

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
Seeing as how they haven't postponed it again already, I'd imagine it's pretty much good to go. There are only two days left in November anyway, including today.

burnside

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
On my Windows 7 PC, it take about 30 seconds for iTunes to load. Has to be one of the worse pieces of software Apple has ever built. I'm crossing my fingers on this "overhaul".

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
so its coming today, tomorrow, or getting delayed to december? if apple care people got it today doesnt it usually take at least a week or two for the public to get it to make sure there are no problems?!

GenesisST

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2006
Where I live
Well, duuuuuh... I would hope that customer support representatives get it first... and not just 5 minutes before the public...

kpress3

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
On my Windows 7 PC, it take about 30 seconds for iTunes to load. Has to be one of the worse pieces of software Apple has ever built. I'm crossing my fingers on this "overhaul".

I'm assuming this loading speed has something to do with the whole "Windows 7 PC" thing. My Mac loads iTunes just fine.

bdkennedy1

Suspended
Oct 24, 2002
If AppleCare is just getting it then they have to be trained, which means there is no way it's being released today.

burnside

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
I'm assuming this loading speed has something to do with the whole "Windows 7 PC" thing. My Mac loads iTunes just fine.

Yeah, on my Mac, load time is fine. I have 2 Window machines at home and the load times on each for iTunes is horrible.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008

Takes me all of 5 seconds in bootcamp. Maybe its time to run a TRIM check on your HDD and see if its dying?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.