Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marbles1

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2011
So iTunes is still going to be the one-stop shop for Apps, Movies, Books, Radio, Ringtones, iTunes U, Podcasts etc.?

Makes sense (kind of) for the PC, but it doesn't if you look at the route apple is going down with reflecting changes in iOS.

I wonder how long until iTunes stops supporting Snow Leopard. We'll be in that situation where older versions of Windows are supported but not older versions of Mac OS X

iOrbit

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
in the event this gets delayed again, "before the end of december", apple thinks its acceptable to set unreliable dates, and inform its passionate, long term loyal customers, at the last minute of each release date that its delayed?

dwright1974

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2007
UK
Not sure if this points to anything but I just tried to buy an iTunes card at my local Tesco and it wouldn't complete the transaction.

This could just have been coincidence, something not working at Tesco or iTunes end but I've never had this problem before.

- D

RoelJuun

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
Netherlands
I'm assuming this loading speed has something to do with the whole "Windows 7 PC" thing. My Mac loads iTunes just fine.

Even though you probably won't like it, most Windows-based software will load faster on Windows than OS X based software on OS X. Get over it, don't be so childish.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
It has to come out today or tomorrow, or they are "lying"

That said, I would rather have a polished version of iTunes, and not have it come with the bloat and slowness that the current iTunes has.

I agree, I don't care if gets released this year or not, I would rather have a nice fully cooked product that is relatively bug free than one that is bug ridden and has issues. Apple does not need another black eye.

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
The biggest question in my mind is whether Apple will start supporting most of the popular codecs. Back when I used to use iTunes and iOS I spent huge amounts of time converting things into one of the relatively few formats that could be used with the players.

FLAC anyone?

Sound214

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2011
Sweden
It has to come out today or tomorrow, or they are "lying"

That said, I would rather have a polished version of iTunes, and not have it come with the bloat and slowness that the current iTunes has.

Enough with the "polished" ******** already. Of course we would all prefer a refined, perfect version, but I also want it now. I honestly rather have it now and have a 11.1 release within the next two weeks, as opposed to not having it now and get the 11.05 (they'll get more done with more response) release in two weeks. And please don't mention Apple Maps, iTunes 11 can't be that bad.

Sure, I seem like a little kid that had his birthday postponed for a month. But what if I am?

iOrbit

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
my itunes, took 3 bounces before appearing. which kind of irritates me really, i have 256gb samsung 830 ssd, 16gb ram, 2.2ghz quad core i7 2011 macbook pro.

im runnings a bundle of apps right now but still..

is it to do with my library size? (500gb videos, 1080p HD handbraked), 13000 songs (92 GB), all stored over wi-fi on NAS.

actually, i forgot, im handbraking a 1080pHD video as i speak right now. maybe the cpu in high use is why. will have to try again after ;)

johnmcd

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2012

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 11.46.39 AM.JPG
    Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 11.46.39 AM.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
in the event this gets delayed again, "before the end of december", apple thinks its acceptable to set unreliable dates, and inform its passionate, long term loyal customers, at the last minute of each release date that its delayed?

First, no they don't feel its acceptable, thats why I guarantee that they have teams literally sleeping in the building trying to get it done.

Second, do you think right now with everyone bitching about Maps, they wanted to release a product that they knew needed to be fixed?

Apple is always on a tight rope. Everyone is always willing to bow down and kiss the ring when things go well, but then scream bloody murder when both legitimate and trivial things don't go well.

Lets give them credit where credit is due if this new version rolls out relatively bug free. I'd rather they take their time.

Absrnd

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Flatland
The latest rumor is, that iTunes 11 is suffering delays, due to difficulty in manufacturing.
the site Wemakestuffupaboutapple.com, says that after initial launch, the delivery date after order will quickly rise to two weeks.

Apple has not commented on the alleged comments.

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010

It's just a media player. Nothing you do depends on the release date. Delays will not affect your plans.

taxiapple

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2009
It's only iTunes, why are people getting so excited and impatient? :confused:

I'll tell you why I am looking forward to it.....

I've spent tens of hours trying to get iTunes Match to properly work with my 24K library and it still is missing 15% of my music. I've given up on iTunes Match for now.
I'm hoping iTunes 11 will fix it.

rosalindavenue

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
Virginia, USA
On my Windows 7 PC, it take about 30 seconds for iTunes to load. Has to be one of the worse pieces of software Apple has ever built. I'm crossing my fingers on this "overhaul".

I was about to respond and say you are full of it, but first I started iTunes on my windows 7 computer here at work. It took over 30 seconds before it could accept any input (20 seconds to start, then probably another 30 to sync with iTunes match.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.