Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
What the heck is going on? I seen the screen and what's the big deal about it? It's fine! The detail in the ipad mini screen equates to the display on a regular computer monitor. Oh my god!

Seriously? Is this what apple customers have come to? Are you seriously that picky, where if you see a pixel, you go on like a screaming red-in-the-face crybaby about it? My god.

Ok so its not retina, but its regular!

The way some of you guys clamor on about it....

...you seriously need to take a look at your lives. Seriously, I feel bad for you guys. You are the guys that are bringing the Apple name down. Just a whiny, spoiled, generation of adult babies. My..God...

Ayemerica

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Atlantis but in space
What the heck is going on? I seen the screen and what's the big deal about it? It's fine! The detail in the ipad mini screen equates to the display on a regular computer monitor. Oh my god!

Seriously? Is this what apple customers have come to? Are you seriously that picky, where if you see a pixel, you go on like a screaming red-in-the-face crybaby about it? My god.

...you seriously need to take a look at your lives. Seriously, I feel bad for you guys. You are the guys that are bringing the Apple name down. Just a whiny, spoiled, generation of adult babies. My..God...

Yes as I am using this my eyes are melting onto my ipad.

All joking aside this display is perfectly fine

bigboar

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2012
Ohio

does it really bother you so much that people have a different opinion than you do? Talk about needing to take a look at your life.. I find it ironic that you think it isnt ok for other to express their opinion but you just did the exct same thing....LOL

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
Some people like it...some people don't. It seems like both sides are dismissive of people who have a differing opinion. But such is life these days.

Though I do agree by this point everybody knows what the deal is with the screen and just needs to vote with their wallet if they want it or not.

glhiii

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2006
Changed my mind

I got a white iPad mini, didn't like the display and returned it. Got a Nexus 7. Good display, but too small and Android. Got another mini, black this time, and found the display OK and sold my iPad 3. Anyway, I like the black one better and it also has AT&T. In the end, after experimenting a lot, I decided the weight and size of the Mini make it more usable than the big, heavy, clunky iPad. The screen isn't as good, but it's adequate. Not even sure if I will get an iPad mini retina when (and if) it appears if it's heavier. The size of the Mini is amazing -- it's even lighter than the Nexus 7. As for the speed of the Mini, I think since it has 1/4 the number of pixels of the iPad 3/4, it doesn't need as powerful a processor.

stuaz

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
Did we really need another thread like this.....

Everyone has different tastes and tolerance levels. Accept it!

(You know that next year when the Retina Mini is released everyone who previously stated they liked the display will claim it is really bad :rolleyes:)

AlanKA

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2012
I'm going to sell Stevie Wonder glasses outside the Apple store during this Christmas season. Gonna make a killing.

Yeah, everybody has a right to express their opinion. But the dramatic expressions on the eye-killing / headache-producing / blindness-inducing display is just silly.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC

The fact that you feel your special opinion on this ridiculously overwrought topic warrants its very own special thread outs you in the exact same league as the people your are complaining about complaining. Yawn.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
You know what. When I saw it a week or so back I couldn't believe that people where making such a big deal about it. The screen was perfectly fine.

I was going to start a thread like you but thought people don't care what I think.

You're right though. Massive over reaction on here.

Dlanod

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
UK
I have to confess that when I saw it at first I was pretty disappointed but once you get over the initial reaction it isn't that bad. I'm using a 3G Nexus 7 just now and the screen is definitely better. But the Mini has other strengths. So I have one on order.

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
Some people like it...some people don't. It seems like both sides are dismissive of people who have a differing opinion. But such is life these days.

Though I do agree by this point everybody knows what the deal is with the screen and just needs to vote with their wallet if they want it or not.

Haha it seems like you're a describing a fictional place where everyone can have an opinion and it's okay for people to like different items. Let me know if this place exists, I'd love to check it out.

Sowelu

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2008
New York City
You’re no better than all the other whiners on here. And while we are on topic, it’s not (just) the lack of retina or low pixel density that make the iPad Mini’s display undesirable to some, it’s the lack of color vibrancy, contrast and overall brightness - yet most threads just focus on 'retina'. For those with an eye for these things, it looks a bit dingy and blah. That’s all. Some people love it, some hate it, both opinions should be allowed without all the childish backlash.

steve dave

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
You’re no better than all the other whiners on here. And while we are on topic, it’s not (just) the lack of retina or low pixel density that make the iPad Mini’s display undesirable to some, it’s the lack of color vibrancy, contrast and overall brightness - yet most threads just focus on 'retina'. For those with an eye for these things, it looks a bit dingy and blah. That’s all. Some people love it, some hate it, both opinions should be allowed without all the childish backlash.

I don't think there is anyone who loves the ipad mini screen. There are only people to tolerate because it is outweighed by the other aspects of the mini.

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
Don't blame the people.. Apple taught us to except retina as the best. That's Apples doing not ours. I bought a mini. Didn't like the screen BUT that's NOT why I returned it. The keyboard was just to small for my personal needs/use. Still using my 3.

To each their own... But don't blame us.. Apple taught us to expect the best.

Nora.

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2010
The Netherlands
I don't get it either. After reading all the complaints about the screen I almost felt bad for choosing the iPad mini, but I saw one in real life again today and I really can't tell the difference between that and the retina display. People should play with it and judge for themselves in case they're worried about the screen not being retina. Don't let all the bleeding eye posts keep you from trying it out. :)

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I love it BECAUSE it enables the smallest and lightest iPad possible.

If the Retina Mini and regular Mini were the same price and absolutely the same except for the screen. This even means the same RAM/GPU somehow driving the screens identically.

With no other drawbacks, you can't expect us to believe that you would choose the current screen, which means you tolerate the current screen because of the other benefits.

eggersj

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008
What a great thread OP!!! Thanks for sharing your joyful opinion!!!

I personally thought the iPad 4 was a better fit for my needs so I returned the Mini. The screen was a factor, but not the deciding factor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.