Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LagunaSol

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2003
Waiting to see if it wipes out anyone's libraries or otherwise self-destructs before downloading. :D

Skoopman

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2011
Finally.

Attachments

• itunes11.jpg
    itunes11.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 199

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I'm in Sweden though, and I doubt Swedish would require 100MB :-D

What I meant is that there are entire features, not language packs, that aren't available until all the legal work is done in other countries. I'd imagine thats why we are seeing varying download sizes.

On a side note, how are things in Sweden, things aren't great here in the USA....

weing

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2007
This is going to be another one of those updates that will serve to make iTunes easier for the idiots to use and will remove important features that power users rely on similar to what was done with airport utility.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
This is going to be another one of those updates that will serve to make iTunes easier for the idiots to use and will remove important features that power users rely on similar to what was done with airport utility.

....There are "power user" features in iTunes?:confused:

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
Of course you think it looks like crap. That was expected. :rolleyes:

Not necessarily, I was hoping that maybe we would see the beginnings of some Jony Ive influence on the graphics. One of the things I'm hoping to see with Eddie Cue is some consistency in graphics. The iTunes icon has seemed inconsistent with other icons since its last change.

stormj

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2006
California
Can't read

The WSJ didn't "predict" iTunes 11 today. Only the perverse game of telephone of blogs quoting blogs quoting blogs quoting the WSJ made that rumor go.

They said it could be out as soon as today. Because Apple said it would be out in November. So that's today or tomorrow, assuming they don't make another announcement like they did at the end of October. This was not a specific cited or sourced claim in the article.

seamer

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2009
First, no they don't feel its acceptable, thats why I guarantee that they have teams literally sleeping in the building trying to get it done.

People sleeping in-house for a media client that isn't released? Or having A-class issues? Highly unlikely.

If any of Apple's projects has in-house living requirements, it would be Maps over iTunes. itunes does have the "announcement date" sword of Damocles having over its head, but it's not a critical application to publish. Everything available to the public right now is accessible through 10.7. Issuing another delay announcement isn't a nice thing to do, but their PR machine can handle it.

It's not worth grinding good people into the ground over something that isn't tarnishing the public image.

iOrbit

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
Can new users please share their installation experiences, any issues to do with libraries being damaged or messed with?

does iTunes 11 Move any folders or file locations, particularly under 'itunes automatic organization' setting on??

havent seen the new icon, but i will be working with my 'iOS' matching colour itunes 10 icon i tweaked from mantias website:

http://i47.tinypic.com/r284f8.png

AlexHunter

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
I wish they'd go with this alternative.

http://www.a2591.com/2010/09/alternate-itunes-10-icon-for-mac-users.html

The App Store icon is garbage too and deserves a swapping.

But THOSE look like poop. Just leave icon-choosing to Apple. They look fine to me. :apple:

----------

>>power users

Lawl.

iOrbit

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
anyone share what the new icon looks like? i cant install itunes 11 for another 2 and a half hours.

nvm seen it on the main page. looks okay, might make a hybrid version of it..

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
Color icons are back in the sidebar! I really hated the grey ones. Overall, I like the way it looks. I haven't found any tools to help with the problems in Match yet. I was hoping that I could fix some of the screw-ups like where I have the clean version of an explicit song instead of the original, but so far, don't see anything like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.