Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jfrancis04

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2010
Rocking this case, loving it!
Just got mine and I love it. Definitely foresee this being my long-term, everyday case.

I'm incredibly picky with cases...already been through 3, but this one hits the sweet spot with very few flaws.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
Anyone have pics of a white case on a black phone?

I am currently using a black iPhone in the white case. Looks good. Can't take pics of it though as it is my only camera!

Do you think back skins would work with this case or is it too tight?

I am using a back protector as well as thin vinyl side protectors I got off eBay and it fits fine. Anything thicker than vinyl and it would push the sides of the case away from the phone though. It's a tight fit as it is even without protectors.

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
Just got mine and I love it. Definitely foresee this being my long-term, everyday case.

I'm incredibly picky with cases...already been through 3, but this one hits the sweet spot with very few flaws.

Exactly. I am using the black one with my white iPhone 5. Looks awesome!

Cancelled
Nov 13, 2012
kinda love this case

I got mine direct from SwitchEasy, it came in the mail about 4 days after I placed the order in early Oct (about 3 days after I picked up my phone) and it's pretty great. I haven't had any problems with the black ring-around-the-camera flaking off yet, so perhaps I'm lucky. I did notice that the screen protector didn't seem to ever adhere to the very edges of the glass on the front. I emailed them to ask if they'd perhaps re-cut the screen protectors after the iPhone actually shipped, and got no real answer to that, but they did offer a new set of protectors and the new ones definitely fit perfectly, and seem to be cut a little more carefully. I know, it's gorilla glass, etc etc, but I've seen so many scratched up iPhone 4's (including my poor mom's before I put a monoprice screen guard on hers) that I see no reason not to use one. My old 4 had a switcheasy screen protector on until I finally sold it on eBay a couple weeks ago, so I'm pretty sure of their durability.

I was bummed to read that the 30-pin-to-lightning connectors don't fit with this case, but went ahead and picked up a micro-USB adapter once Apple began selling them here, and can tell you that it fits perfectly. Exactly, in fact, if the adapter were even a smidge larger it wouldn't.

micro-charging.png

The micro adapter is barely but noticeably larger than the end of the actual chord that comes with the phone.

micro-adapter.png

The color I went with (bluish-gray) is pretty goofy but I like it (reminds me of the color scheme on old utilitarian school equipment cases, like record players or slide projectors) and would be entirely at home in a powder-blue Buick from the 70s. All the colors seem pretty nice, and right now the only thing that could get me to change cases is if SE themselves broadened the line and one caught my eye...Zune Brown seems like something I'd buy, actually, if they did that.

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
I have removed this case about six times for various reasons. It is such a tight fit, there is no dust under the case. A bit difficult to take off, but no harm to the black phone finish.

Steevie

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2012
Just got my switcheasy tone in black and i am loving it! At first it wasnt as "nice" as i thought it would be but after handling it for a day its great!
photo_2.jpg
photo_4.jpg
photo_1.jpg

Fits perfect with my glastr!

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2011
I got mine direct from SwitchEasy, it came in the mail about 4 days after I placed the order in early Oct (about 3 days after I picked up my phone) and it's pretty great. I haven't had any problems with the black ring-around-the-camera flaking off yet, so perhaps I'm lucky. I did notice that the screen protector didn't seem to ever adhere to the very edges of the glass on the front. I emailed them to ask if they'd perhaps re-cut the screen protectors after the iPhone actually shipped, and got no real answer to that, but they did offer a new set of protectors and the new ones definitely fit perfectly, and seem to be cut a little more carefully. I know, it's gorilla glass, etc etc, but I've seen so many scratched up iPhone 4's (including my poor mom's before I put a monoprice screen guard on hers) that I see no reason not to use one. My old 4 had a switcheasy screen protector on until I finally sold it on eBay a couple weeks ago, so I'm pretty sure of their durability.

I was bummed to read that the 30-pin-to-lightning connectors don't fit with this case, but went ahead and picked up a micro-USB adapter once Apple began selling them here, and can tell you that it fits perfectly. Exactly, in fact, if the adapter were even a smidge larger it wouldn't.

The micro adapter is barely but noticeably larger than the end of the actual chord that comes with the phone.

The color I went with (bluish-gray) is pretty goofy but I like it (reminds me of the color scheme on old utilitarian school equipment cases, like record players or slide projectors) and would be entirely at home in a powder-blue Buick from the 70s. All the colors seem pretty nice, and right now the only thing that could get me to change cases is if SE themselves broadened the line and one caught my eye...Zune Brown seems like something I'd buy, actually, if they did that.
I have the same case and color and my lightning cable fit fine with out the adapter!

AbeFroeman

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2010
I've had the black one for about a month now and just noticed that the paint on the depression for the cutout for the back camera and flash is pealing/fading.

I'm at work and can't take picture, but it looks awful.

Since the top portion of the phone is grey plastic, they should have just left the cutout unpainted.

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
I've had the black one for about a month now and just noticed that the paint on the depression for the cutout for the back camera and flash is pealing/fading.

Since the top portion of the phone is grey plastic, they should have just left the cutout unpainted.

Yeah I got a bit of that too. Just take a black sharpie to it. It will fix up.

icemanzzz

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2010
I returned mine since it had defects. Prolly one of the first batches.

I'm now contemplating on getting one again.

Only thing that's stopping me is that I have around 9 cases already. Haven't even used my Elago Outfit and Spigen EX Metal...

ipos

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2011
I have removed this case about six times for various reasons. It is such a tight fit, there is no dust under the case. A bit difficult to take off, but no harm to the black phone finish.

how abt the sides? will it cause chaff?

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas

Same problem here. I don't mind how it looks so much but I am worried it will cause problems with flash photography..

ferganer

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2012
Just a heads up - MacMall has this case for $18 shipped free with ShopRunner or if you get something on top to get your total to $25.

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
So some people are having problems with scuffing and others are fine?

I have absolutely no scuffing / scratching with my case and I haven't exactly been delicate with it. My only issue is with the black paint around the camera lens/flash wearing off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.